Chapter 7

It wasn't good. Rome shouldn't be enjoying this. He was sitting on the table, observing Pick roaming through the fridge as he tried to find them something to eat. 

"I don't have dog food. But I have this." He showed the sausage to him. Rome sighed, he didn't fancy this meal, but he was so hungry he could eat anything. He barked in response, hoping for Pick to understand him. 

"I take it as an agreement." Pick smiled. 

"Cooked or not?" He asks again, making Rome wonder if the man can understand him. He tilted his head, pondering how to show him, to make him a warm meal. He lifted his paw and barked, hoping for the best. 

"Cooked it is." Pick nodded, turning around to the stove. Rome felt like in the dream, could Pick tell what he was saying? He observed the older taking out the frying pan and some other ingredients from the fridge, and soon the room filled a delicious smell. Rome's stomach growled in anticipation. Pick was done with the cooking, presenting his masterpiece. 

"Enjoy, little one." He settled down next to him, digging in his meal with a smile. 

Rome shouldn't be happy about Pick's smile. And he shouldn't be liking the thought of staying as a puppy if this man would be the one taking care of him. He shook his head, dismissing the idea, and began to eat too. 

"You must have been hungry." Pick chuckled, taking the empty plates, scratching him behind the ears. Rome hated himself for feeling good with the touch, but he leaned more into the heat of Pick's hand, wiggling his tail in the process. 

"You are surely adorable." Pick laugh, stepping aside to wash the dirty dishes. Rome felt so embarrassed, thank God, he was only a pup to the handsome man. Now that he was feeling better, he had to find a way to contact Emma. His saviour was hot and kind, but he would scare the shit out of him if he suddenly became a human again. 

Rome was paddling on the tabletop, looking around, and trying to figure out how to get out of the apartment when a small electric shock ran down his body. He froze on the spot, understanding what it meant. He gasped, feeling the invisible string of force pulling on him, and then everything became blurry once again.