Epilogue

A few months later, Rome finally got hold of the spell, and now he could transform of his own will. They spent a lot of time together, and it was hard for them to even think about Rome moving out. So Pick asked him to stay for good. It was surprising Emma didn't protest either. She was happy for her friend, or she still felt guilty about the whole spell fiasco. Rome's and Emma's friendship stayed strong even though she found herself a boyfriend too. To Pick's surprise, Porsche was a veterinarian too, and they clicked and became friends rather quickly.

"Rome, come out!" Pick shouted, stomping his leg impatiently.

"Get out from under that bed right now." He growled as he waited for a response. The low whine echoed from under the bed, but to Pick's irritation, the animal didn't appear.

"Do you really want me to get you out myself?" Pick continued to argue. Another set of groans resonated through the silent room before the white, fluffy head peeked from under the furniture. The puppy was scowling, sending a hateful glare at the tall man. Pick suppressed a smile. Instead, he raised an eyebrow at the tiny animal.

"Turn back to human." He commanded. The puppy looked away, avoiding the older man.

"Rome, I won't ask twice." Pick said, crossing his arms in front of his chest, waiting. The dog huffed, changing instantly back to his true self.

"I am back. Are you happy now?" Rome scoffed, pouting at his boyfriend.

"Yes, very happy." Pick confirmed, walking towards the shorter boy.

"We talked about this, Rome. You can't just shift to your dog form every time Emma pisses you off." Pick scolded him lightly, pulling him into his embrace.

"But she's annoying. I don't want to go out with her and Porsche again." Rome buried his face in the crook of Pick's neck.

"I know, but they are our friends."

"I don't care. They dragged me to the pet store and wanted to buy me a collar and toys." Rome complained. Pick sighed, making a soothing circle on Rome's bare back.

"I will protect you this time. Go, get dressed." Pick pushed his beloved to the closet. Rome sighed, pecking Pick's lips quickly before he started to choose his clothes. Life with a shapeshifter wasn't easy, and they had to figure a lot of things out. There were hard times, but they loved each other, and that was all that mattered.

The thick accent book was safely locked in the witch's cabinet far away from Emma. Rome didn't want his best friend to put another spell on him, Pick or Porsche. Emma was a still walking disaster, after all.