Chapter 9 | Share the Same Pain

"... I'm Lan Xiang and I'm a kitsune."

When the fox revealed his name to the angel, things changed for Yibo. For the stranger was not so unknown to him.

"So you're the one who wrote the diary ... about the first demon hybrid." said Yibo

She looked at him a little in shock after he stopped.

"What? How do you know about that I sent it only to the Demon King, and then he would pass it on to his son ..."

"Yes i know i read it. Me and Zhan too."

"Zhan? .. Who is he?"

"He's the demon king's son. And he's also a demon hybrid, like -"

"... like Wei Yang." - the fox finished the sentence instead of Yibo. - "So he's the one you're looking for, and the one you came here for." - the fox remarked. - "It'll make it easier to find him."

"What do you mean by that?"

"The woman you mentioned,..-"

"MiSo. Her name is MiSo." - interrupted her Yibo.

"Okay then MiSo. So if Zhan was able to come for her here, then she could not be a simple soul like the others. Therefore, I think the Master may detain her not at the volcano, but in the prison of the castle. We should go there first. I know a secret tunnel leading there, but ..."

"'But?' .. But what?"

"There's a price to pay, because it's a very dangerous road. Even going there with you can be risky."

"Fine, if that's what you want. .. And what would that be?"

"I'll figure that out. For now, let's just help each other. All right?"

"Of course. .. But I recommend you don't fool me. Otherwise, I'm going to burn you to the ground like the hell dog that tried to take Zhan away from me."

"You can rest assured, that's not my intention. I am not evil. Just because I grew up here in the home of demons doesn't mean I'm like them. I still have a soul and a heart."

Lan Xiang led Yibo back to where he had started, that is, into the woods. But as they walked deep in the forest, the fox deviated from the road and went on in another direction. Yibo followed him and he was followed again by the black dogs.

The fox then finally stopped at an abandoned ruined, old house

The fox then finally stopped at an abandoned ruined, old house. The building had many rooms, but all were empty, dilapidated, dark, and cold. As Yibo looked around, he noticed only a dim light in a room where the fox was lighting a campfire for the angel.

Yibo stood at the door and looked at him questionably.

"Fire isn't for me, it's for you. I can't feel the cold here. But I guess since you're an angel, you can get really cold here."