Chapter 1 | More Secrets

It had been a month since they had overcome all the dangers, overcome the obstacles, and found each other again.

A few days after moving in, Yibo made a surprise for Zhan.

In the evening, Yibo cooked Zhan's favorite dishes, hung light bulbs on the branches of the trees, and lit candles

In the evening, Yibo cooked Zhan's favorite dishes, hung light bulbs on the branches of the trees, and lit candles. After dinner they went to the backyard, lay down on a blanket spread on the grass, talked and watched the stars. And when they talked about their first meeting, Yibo surprised Zhan with a ring. The rings were black, and the color of the stones in them was also related to their power and soul. Zhan's was purple and Yibo's was light blue.

― ― ― ❖ ― ― ―

Weeks later

It was late afternoon. The sun fell behind the mountains, and the sky was painted with a mixture of blue and orange. The vast field was surrounded on both sides by mountains. Long silky grass covered the entire meadow. It was the perfect place for Yibo and Zhan to use their power and learn to control it, without doing much harm to each other or to the things around them.

Ever since Zhan became a hybrid, Yibo's light no longer had a detrimental effect on him, so Yibo was free to create it when he was just near Zhan. Similarly, Yibo has been with Zhan's fire power since Yibo ascended. The fire no longer burned Yibo as it had before... it has only happened once since then - when Zhan once accidentally shot him while training. Yibo was not injured, only causing him slight pain.

Before Zhan started practicing, Yibo always set up a light shield in the area to avoid the spread of fire if Zhan loses control of his power. The shield was able to put out the fire if it came in contact with the ground, and in the case of hellfire, it would not allow it to do damage.

Yibo flew in the sky, strengthening his wings. His negative thoughts always became a fog at this time. It was a great relief for him, as bad feelings could pull them off as weight and because of this, Yibo would be unable to fly. His mind must be clear and his soul calm if he wants to fly. Yibo was just practicing landing without injuring his ankle or knee. Meanwhile, Zhan tried to concentrate on controlling the fire he created, using torches stuck in the ground. He created a fireball, then eliminated it, formed rings around him, even changed them: he turned the fire into a hellish fire or vice versa. 🔥

 🔥