Chapter 14 | Last chapter in the Demon Hybrid book

Torches stuck in the ground showed the way to the top of the darkest mountain. The fox spirit in chains was walked by 12 demon warriors and the Master.

The chained fox spirit was accompanied by 2 demons. Next to her was the Demon King, followed by 12 demon warriors. They were not too far from the precipice, but then the sound of a loud explosion stopped them. Everyone turned back.

The smoke from the explosion gave Wei Yang/Zhan and Yibo a head start on their attack.

Yibo distracted the demon warriors, who rushed to the gate to stop the intruders. Wei Yang/Zhan, after breaking through, killing 1 or 2 warriors in the process, finally got to his father and Lan Xiang. Master waited patiently for Zhan to confront him.

"There you are. The legendary hybrid son. ...The little fox girl's diary had some interesting things to say about you, but I never thought that one day you would be standing here in person. But, uh..." - he frowned a little. - "Shall I call you my son?" Lian Ruohan finally said.

Lan Xiang glanced confusedly at Master, then at Zhan. She could hardly believe what she was hearing, could hardly believe that her only love was alive again.

"Exactly. I am here. I am stronger than I was." said Wei Yang.

"Yes, I can see that. So you control the new demon hybrid's body, and with it, all his powers?" he asked curiously.

"All his powers, are now mine. ... I am back, Father. .. I came back to give me a chance and to forgive me for being disappointed in me in the past." lied Wei Yang, so that he could get close enough to Master.

"Well, ... you can't make up for the past, but I can see the future bright for you now, my son. Now, I finally see what I've long missed in you. I can finally look at you with pride, because I know you're as strong as I am, ... you've become like me!"

 you've become like me!"

"Well said, Father." - agreed Wei Yang, standing in front of the Master. - "But the truth is..." - he quickly drew his sword and stabbed him in the chest. - "I'm only here to kill you. You made my vision of you come true when you decided to kill me."

Then Wei Yang/Zhan stepped back and pulled the sword from Lian Ruohan's chest.

Lian Ruohan fell to his knees. His body slowly froze and began to fall apart. He used his remaining strength to reach out one hand to his son.

"My son ...." he said in a choking voice.

But this did not elicit any emotion from Wei Yang/Zhan at all. As he looked at his father, he saw nothing but a pathetic, manipulative, dark, soulless old demon.

"No, ... you killed your son, remember? .. I'm not him, I'm the new King of Hell." - said Wei Yang coldly. He took a step and looked into his dying father's eyes.