Pharaoh- Field Trip, Part 1

Character: Agatha Pharaoh

Species: Audino

Age: 14

Nickname: Neon Star

Year of character creation: 2019

Story: A youth that tends to be sour after experiencing a great loss. After the loss of her parents, and many other family members, Agatha prefers to keep herself busy. With help, she's investigating the Old World, a swarm of reality bent up by some strange power, for Havens, mystery dungeons created and influenced by Legendary species.

________________________________________________________________________________

A still, cold silence weighed through a forest of Acuitan pine trees; thinner trees with rough, ghostly white bark. None of them had leaves, and faded away in the distance as shadows. Gray clouds clogged up whatever sunlight would otherwise hang down.

Audino Agatha hid behind a boulder, one of many scattered throughout the area, along with Lopunny Luke, Cinccino Hannah, Umbreon Walter, Charmander Natasha, Torracat Bao, and Luxray Imani. Agatha pulled down on her ear strands, licked her dry lips, and swallowed.

Just beyond their hiding place, another Umbreon, riding on the back of a dreary-eyed Rapidash, sauntered around aimlessly, often staring in one direction for long moments at a time. For whatever strange, horrible reason, Umbreon had a smile plastered on his face.

"I don't sense any blessing," Hannah said. "He must be Acuitan."

"Then it has to be Arthur Acuity," Luke whispered. "There's no doubt."

"Not to pry," Bao said, "but I do plan on returning to my husband in one piece..."

"We should leave," Luke said. "I didn't expect to even survive our encounter with Mesprit. I'm not trying my luck again. It's hard enough to balance with one ear lobbed off..."

Umbreon screamed, and Rapidash rose up to its back legs for a second. Everyone sat silent for a moment. Rapidash turned and stared off in a different direction.

"We'll have to beat the Reapers to get to the Haven closeby," Agatha said.

"This isn't just any Reaper," Luke hissed. "This guy literally did nothing but drink, slaughter, and try to take over the planet. He has to be one of the worst Reapers out there, easily."

"Then why isn't he at that Stargazer Castle place you mentioned?" Imani asked.

"Okay, listen. Whatever force controls the Reapers might not be foolproof..."

"I AM A FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!"

Agatha covered her ears. Umbreon howled at the moon and laughed maniacally. It cut out in an instant.

Seconds later, he returned to silence.

"This is not what I signed up for," Natasha muttered.

"Why isn't this guy at Stargazer Castle like the others?" Imani asked, through clenched teeth

"Well," Luke said, "to be honest, it's possible that he's so evil that, even dead, his body refuses to take orders."

"BRING ME YOUR FINEST WOMEN! GYAHAHAHAHAA-"

He cut out in the middle of laughter again. Agatha clutched her gold earring tight.

"Why in the hell does he keep doing that?" Walter asked. "Is he like, glitching out?"

Luke's eyes wavered as he shook his head. "I don't know, guys. I just don't."

"WE ARE THE CHOSEN ONES!"