Guildmaster- The Wild Bunch

Flareon Light leaned over the swaying, moonlit ocean water from behind the shiny white railing. Behind him on deck, other pokemon had brought out a table to relax around. Slowking Chad was showing Drizzile Kenta and Arcanine Zhen how to play with cards. He listened in, too, but it seemed a little complicated. He mixed up all the rules in his head and just gave up.

Sky Forme Shaymin Ariel was next to him, watching the dark ocean and blocking out the wind hitting them from the side. Light thought she'd get bored of it, considering Kaigan was an island country. She was probably used to this view, but she stayed next to him anyway.

Eventually, she went behind him and brought her strong arms in front of his face, hugging him and his soft gray mane from behind. Light nuzzled up against her chin.

"You're okay," Ariel said. "Chingyang's not really that smart. I don't want you to be worried."

"How do you know she's not smart?" Light asked.

"I know a little politics. Her parents were a lot more dangerous than she is when they were still alive."

"Why's that?"

"Militaristic. Power hungry. Obsessed with control. Loud and obnoxious. Like everything you're not."

"Well," he whispered, "I have my moments."

Ariel's grip tightened around his shoulders. A puff of steam leaked past his mouth when he felt some of her weight come down on his back. She lowered her face next to his and kissed him on the cheek like a breeze passing by. The heat stretched into every muscle in his body as her huge ears went around each side of his head.

"You're a pretty honest person," Ariel said, "you know that? Should lend me your notes."

Light giggled with his chin turned down.

"There are things I want to tell you about myself, but I'm not sure how you'll take it..."

Light looked up at Ariel's face. Her confidence faded off of her face, casting a cold shadow that stopped his smile. She felt distant.

"You can tell me right now if you want to."

"But I like the way you look at me now. I just can't stop thinking about things from a while ago."

"Just because things are complicated or were complicated... I mean, you're a hero now. As long as you're true to what's right, you always will be."

"And what if I've been in a situation where there was no right answer... and it was all on me?"

"Then it was the situation's fault," Light said. "Not yours. I mean, using what you have and doing what you think is right-"

"Isn't always right. The most evil people in the world think that they're right. And me... I just don't know."

"What don't you know?"

Ariel fell silent and gazed up towards the dark ocean.

"Airy," Light said, "I can't help if you don't say."

"I already told you. I like the way you look at me now."

Light still felt just as safe in her arms as he did before she said anything. He knew he should push further, or maybe he thought he should, but he didn't want to. Ariel seemed tired of talking about whatever it was. She was more direct than he was, anyways. She's bound to say eventually.

Ariel grabbed Light's right arm and brought up his paw. She held it in both of her paws, putting pressure on the center and rubbing outward towards his claws. It tingled down to his shoulder.