Avenger- Beach at Sunset

Togetic Morgan woke up, but she didn't expect to. To her shock, her wounds were covered in leaves and mixed ointments.

She ended up in a tiny cave, laid against the back wall on a smooth and rather soft bed of leaves. Outside, raindrops thumped on the dirt just a few paces away, from a gray sky.

A Buneary leaned against the cave wall, facing away from her looking outside. He turned around when Morgan shot up to her feet. His hazel eyes lit up with concern. Patch of wet dirt blotched his face.

"Woah," he immediately cautioned, "slow there. You good?"

Morgan paused. It'd been ages since she'd last talked to another Pokemon. Her voice was weak, and she realized she probably wouldn't say words quite right, but she had to talk.

"How?" Morgan asked. She coughed slightly in an effort to clear her throat and strained to speak up. "Alive?"

"Alive?" Buneary asked.

"I thought... I'm the... last one," Morgan croaked.

"Last one..." he repeated in an almost faraway voice. "You mean the last Pokemon?"

Morgan nodded. Buneary nodded back and walked towards her.

"You should sit down," he suggested, "I have some berries."

Morgan nodded and did just that. There was a small pile of blueberries in front of her feet that she hadn't noticed before. She cradled one in her hands and ate it while the Buneary bent down on his knees next to her. He was covered in dirt, but had ragged muscles and fierce eyes.

"You know amnesia?" Buneary asked. "Like, what it is?"

Morgan frowned and shook her head.

"It's where you're missing your memories," he said. "Like, you can't remember what's happened before you get it. I woke up here with amnesia two months ago, and I've been totally alone."

Buneary looked at her.

"How long has the world been like this?" he asked. "I don't remember anything, but why are you the first Pokemon I've found in two months? I don't understand."

"I don't know," Morgan said.

"You don't know? Like, why the world's like this?"

Morgan nodded.

"You don't have amnesia too, do you?"

Morgan shook her head.

"Was there anyone else? Like... what's your life been like? Where'd you learn how to talk?"

"My parents," Morgan said.

"Where are they?" he asked with extra energy.

"Dead."

"Oh... Uhm... Was there anyone besides them?"

"All gone," Morgan said. "I'm the last."

"How long ago has it been since you've seen someone else?"

Morgan lost track of time ages ago. She didn't have an answer. She didn't even remember the words for periods of time to answer. She remembered that years were something about time, but wasn't sure how long they were anymore.

"Long," is all Morgan could truthfully say.

Buneary glanced down and accepted the answer. Morgan took a minute and finished the last of the blueberries.

"I remember random things," Buneary said. "I remember what Lugia is, sorta. I stay away from it now."

Morgan nodded.