Chapter 2: First Encounter with A Demon In A New World

Rimuru, Chloe and the Royal family all rushed into the throne room. They were shocked to see all the people in the room on their knees and with their head bowing on the floor. They looked up and saw someone seating at the King's throne while eating an apple.

The person had the appearance of a guy in his twenties and his aura could only be described as evil. He has white hair and he wore a black jacket over his red shirt. This person was the demon Debura and he was casually eating his apple while seating at the king's throne.

Debura turned his attention to the royal family who just entered the room "Edward, Edward! I should kill you and all your family for keeping me five seconds late, don't you think?"

The royal family who heard this all immediately fell on their knees and bowed to Debura except for Prince Shu, Rimuru and Chloe.

"Please have mercy on us! We didn't know that you would be coming to take my daughter today. If we had known, we would have prepared to welcome you much earlier" King Edward begged him

Debura looked at him and all the other humans in the room as if they were nothing but insects. He looked behind the king and queen and saw three people were still standing.

"You three, do you want to die or are you so stupid that you can't even understand just who is before you?" Debura asked with anger

Rimuru and Chloe stayed quiet, but Shu stepped forward while drawing his sword "I bow to no demon, especially one such as you. Today is the day you meet your end you accursed evil being"

Gasps filled the entire throne room. No one could believe just what their prince had said to a demon and to make matters worse, the demon he insulted was Debura who was rumoured to be almost as strong as a demon general.

All the nobles in the room lost all hope of living. The female nobles began to cry sorrowfully because they knew that today will be their last.

Debura could not even began to explain the kind of rage that consumed him. He made a vow at that moment to live no one alive as a retribution for this insult.

Princess Kanade who saw the expression of Debura immediately stood up and rushed to the front of the throne where Debura was seating and fell on her knees

"I beg you o great demon Debura to please have mercy on us and spare us of your anger. I will offer myself as a sacrifice for your mercy. Please forgive us" She begged with tears falling from her face

Debura looked at her and smiled an evil smile "That is not a bad offer, but unfortunately, it doesn't please me. I want you all to experience pure despair for this young fools arrogance"

Everyone lost hope after hearing that and resigned themselves to their fate.

"Like I told you, you are the fool if you believe that you can beat me" Shu shouted at Debura