The Surprise

Ed’s P.O.V

It was late on Christmas Day when I suggested to Taylor that we head home, she was starting to drop off and I knew that the last few weeks had been hard with it being her birthday and with going to New York for the time in between. I watched as she perked up a little at the mention of going home when she said, “Let’s go to the house.” I smiled and nodded at her as I helped her stand up. I watched as she wandered off to find her mom in the kitchen as her dad turned and I could see the happiness in his face. “You are doing a beautiful job with her Ed. You have been here since the start and I couldn’t be more proud to call you my son in law. I’m just bursting with pride.” I grinned as he reached over to shake my hand, just then my parents came down from their room at the Swifts and I mentioned that we were leaving and we would be back tomorrow for brunch. They nodded and hugged me goodbye. Austin came from downstairs and helped me carry the presents we received to the car that security had just pulled up in. “Thanks for helping Austin,” I mentioned as the door shut and we made our way to the car. “No worries Ed, I still can’t believe that in three months’ time there will be a baby amongst us.” I shook my head at him. Laughing as I said,
“Yeah but it will be awesome.” I then noticed as Austin got quiet. We made it to the car before he put his arm out and said, “I’m so pleased that Taylor has you. I was so worried after her attack that she would have to do it all alone.”
“Not on my watch baby Swift.” He smiled as we put folded onesie’s, bibs, piles of toys and a play pen for our lounge in the trunk. My parents also gave us a crib for downstairs whilst Taylor’s parents gave us a baby mobile that they had organized with the band. Ten minutes later Taylor and I were headed to our new home to look at the specialized room that I had been decorating for us. I was so excited.

Taylor’s P.O.V

“…and right there where we stood, was holy ground.” That was the song playing on late night radio as security drove us to our new home that we were moving into in a few days. Everything was already there but I wanted a few days at the apartment. I felt in between because I knew our daughter was arriving in March but I knew that the new house didn’t have the nursery done yet so I was panicking a little bit. “Taylor, we’re here.” Ed stated as he pulled the key from his pocket and handed it to me. He helped me out of the car and we held hands. He turned ask the security guys to bring all the presents in the trunk to the lounge on the first floor. I looked at Ed as he feigned innocence as I snorted with laughter. “You’re so lucky that I love that laugh more than anything Taylor,” I scoffed at him and said, “No I’m lucky that you love me as much as you do.” I stated as he turned to kiss me. I unlocked the door as Ed stood back and helped me inside. Pausing he motioned to the stairs and I climbed them. Reaching the top I noticed how everything was set up in each bedroom from the master to the hallways and the office/study. Ed said in a quiet voice. “I uhm did your Christmas Present babe,”
“What do you mean?” she asked specifically. I groaned a little.
“Well I gave you the present for baby earlier. This is your present because I know it has been worrying you and that’s why you want to stay at the apartment even though everything is set up here.” I smiled as I looked at him in amazement before whispering.
“Did you do the nursery?” he nodded as I threw the door open in excitement before squealing in shock. “Oh my god Ed this is perfect. I glanced around at the pale cream walls that matched the rest of the house, brown blinds would cover the windows but the main things that stood out was the crib I had admired with my mom and dad before my birthday that went perfectly with the mirror changing table/dresser and the best part was the white rocking chair that sat in the corner far enough away from the crib that I could watch our daughter once she was born but close enough to comfortably feed and cuddle her.

Turning to face Ed I was in awe. “So my parents helped huh?” I questioned as he joined me in the room. He nodded as he helped me to sit in the chair I grinned at him as he questioned, “Is it okay? I mean we can change anything you want. I just wanted you to be able to relax in the house before she comes.” He stated. I smiled and assured him that it was perfect, sitting back I looked around and saw the tiny princess pictures lining the wall behind the door. It was perfect and as I looked at Ed I said, “You should tell the boys that they can leave…” I muttered to Ed as I leant in close.
“Oh why?” he questioned in surprise.
“I want to live here from now on, the only thing that had been stopping me was the thought of planning a nursery, but you did it for me so can we move in? Please?” I beg as he places kisses to my face. “Of course we can, I thought you would never ask.” I smiled as he pulled me up and led me though the house that would be our home for years to come.