Chapter 2

The entire situation at present had developed into an absolute headache for the two-thousand-year-old ruler. Never in his entire rule had he ever been faced with a situation like this. Out of every disaster the Empire has been through, this one topped them all.

Emperor Whitelian was now on his throne after another drive back to the palace where he was going over several news agencies and networks trying to understand the general public's reaction and scale of this whole catastrophe.

His throne was equipped with its own television system built into it so he could either entertain himself, which he rarely used as such, or look through the news to understand the current status of his kingdom from the public crowds. So far things were in absolute chaos as nothing good was coming out of any of the channels.

"...we're live on highway ninety-eight, agricultural district where the two front cars of a train fell off after the railing beneath collapsed. At least twenty have been counted as dead, fifty injured with that number rising..."

"...absolute tragedy, several families were enjoying themselves in preparation for the celebration supposed to come, when their apartment rooms suddenly collapsed after an unseen structural vulnerability within the complex. No survivors have been found, and bodies are still being dug..."

"...cruise liner coming into harbor at Paradise City harbor has capsized. Already rescue teams are being deployed to cut open the hull and rescue any survivors now trapped inside the sinking ship. Already several bodies have emerged from the water around, either in critical condition or have drowned to death. Update on count should be coming..."

"...scientist are unable to determine the origin or root cause of this never before recorded earthquake, some say it may happen to be caused a massive tectonic shift, however others argue that it by unnatural..."

"...are filled with panic. Many injured have been found caused by debris and falling of objects. Already people are wanting answers..."

"...rallying up outside, hoping that the government officials can give a sound explanation for what is happening..."

He paused his browsing as footsteps came from behind his throne with Jerobe having returned to him. "My lord, the senate and ministry representatives have gathered for the emergency meeting. They are awaiting your presence."

The Emperor nodded as he lifted himself from his seat and followed his aide to the senate building connected to the palace.

The senate building was one of the four towers along the edges of the palace and where members of the senate came to speak on behalf of the people and the executives/representatives came to speak on behalf of their corresponding ministries. Such meetings were also made public as they were almost always broadcasted live on all news outlets, allowing the citizens to have a better understanding of their leaders' political agenda.

Using one of the turbolifts, the duo arrived at the main corridor leading to the senate building. Emperor Whitelian stepped out first with Jerobe following behind.

As the representatives and senators were speaking amongst each other, the main doors boomed open as the Emperor walked in, silencing everyone with his very presence.

Without saying a word, the Emperor walked around the perimeter of the room until he stepped forward onto a podium elevated above the rest and took a seat. Jerobe step foot onto one below him as the meeting now began.

Every minister was present except for Pickver who was still inside the keep trying to manage the whole crisis to the best of his power while making his appearance as a holographic projection instead.

"All participating members are counted for?" Jerobe questioned as no one spoke up. "Very well then. Let this meeting commence. Mr. Pickver, you have the floor."