Chapter 7

"This is outrageous! Five of our ships attacked under diplomatic intentions, five hundred foreign vessels are on our coast, and we have thousands of refugees on our shores!"

The incident that took place a week back had sparked outrage amongst the Empire upon hearing of the events that unfolded.

Five ships of the Imperial Seaborne Navy were attacked by ships under the command of the Cruid Snela. Only the destroyer HES Aries suffered damage from two hits to her hull and was undergoing repairs at a shipyard.

Upon continuing with their intended mission, the fleet came to the discovery of the Glouwe capital under siege and invasion by more forces of the Cruid Snela. After retreating, they linked with the island they visited before and alerted the local inhabitants. This triggered the entire population to abandon their homes and evacuate the island on commercial boats following the Holden warships to safety.

Meanwhile the foreign affairs ministry and honor guard were trying best they could to sort out the total body count and figure out what to do with the refugees.

The Empire had already promised them protection while some ended up settling on the beaches with makeshift houses made from whatever they could acquire.

Development teams were being called in to assist in assembling proper but temporary housing until the whole situation could be settled.

"By the Eagle, we aren't prepared to take in refugees yet!" Pickver shouted as he was standing in Meyers office regarding this whole event.

"I assure you Mr. Pickver, we're already preparing to send a representative to the Cruid Snela Kingdom to hopefully come to a diplomatic solution." Martha Meyers responded. "The sooner we come to a compromise, the sooner these people can go home, and be out of our hair."

"Diplomatic?" Pickver objected. "Those cur attacked five of our ships and damaged one of them! The best for them is a declaration of war."

"Sometimes the feather is more powerful than the sword." Meyers responded. "But if worst comes to worth, I best have the troops ready to deploy after."

"Now you're speaking my language ma'am. Does his majesty know?"

"He's the one who suggested the diplomacy approach first. He believes declaring a war under short time after our arrival would give public image to the other nations that we're war mongers. But he's open to the idea of war if diplomacy fails."

"Good. Then if these bastards can't speak diplomacy I'll give them a language they can understand. I'll take my leave now." Minister Pickver exited the office and left Meyers to her own devices.

———<>———<>———<>———

A section of the Empire's eastern coast was in near chaos, with hundreds of foreign boats beached along the sand and thousands of refugees now seeking protection under the Holden Empire.

This had drawn some concern from the residents of local outskirt towns and a few complaints from the mayors, but the Honor Guard was quick to deploy and calm everyone down.

Honor Guard vehicle and contracted trucks were driving along the outskirts to provided temporary shelter, food, and clean drinking water to the refugees, while the soldiers clad in full assault armor were to stand guard and prevent the refugees from approaching any of the towns outside the walls or the walls themselves.

Meanwhile, the Empire had deployed a single frigate to transport a representative to the Cruid Snela Kingdom in hopes to convince them to recall their forces and leave peacefully. In case they refuse to comply, the Empire had stationed the 21st Surface Strike Fleet with two carriers, eight destroyers, and four frigates off the boarders of the Snela controlled Glouwe waters.