Chapter 9 - The truth

Amalia's POV

The next morning I woke up and took a shower. I washed my hair and finished packing my stuff as someone knocked on the door. I opened it and looked up at Dylan. Before I could say anything he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry about what happened..." I hugged him tighter and buried my face in his chest.

"It's okay." I whispered, but it was clearly not okay. He came in and looked around.

"You already packed." I nodded.

"I have to go earlier. I'm sorry. But I can't stay." He looked down.
"But I want you to stay here. To enjoy some time with Jay." I smiled softly at him.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come?" I nodded.

"I'll be okay. Stay and have fun." I smiled and kissed his cheek. He smiled and nodded.

"Can I... At least eat some breakfast with you and take you to the airport?" I smiled at him.

"I would love that." He smiled and we walked to the buffet to get something to eat.

Victoria's POV

Damn... What a night. I woke up in our hotel room and saw all those bottles of alcohol on the table. It was a real crazy night. On the top shelf I could see our trophy. We put it there so it wouldn't break. And as far as I could see the room, that was the best idea we had tonight. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready for the day and already saw Damiano standing at the other sink, doing the same as I just wanted.

"Good morning." I smiled at him softly. He just gave me a small eye contact.

"Hey." He kept brushing his teeth and then washed out his mouth. I got my stuff ready for the shower.

"What a night, huh?" I tried to lighten up the mood, but it didn't really work,

"Uh huh." He dried his hair with a towel and took his clothes to change since he was still only wearing a towel around his waist.

"What's with the face Dam?" I leaned on the sink and looked at him.
"Heey we won. I thought you would be jumping through the whole hotel. Do you have a hangover from 2 beers and some campaigne?"

"I haven't slept tonight." He sighed.
"I couldn't." I looked at him.

"What do you mean? I mean we partied the whole night. What did you expect?"

"I expected to sleep at least an hour. But I couldn't stop thinking about Amalia. I can't imagine that she lied, Vic." I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He took out a key from his pants he wore yesterday. I looked at it confused. He sat on the edge of the bathtub and held it.

"When I found Amalia in that room I found the key laying next to the door. When everyone was gone I went back to check out that door. I was able to open and close it from the inside."

"I'm not following."

"Someone locked the door from the outside, Vic." My eyes widened. So Amalia was right. I took the key and looked at it.

"But how can we make sure who it was? I mean... Why would Mariella do this?"

"Because she wants Thomas for herself." Damiano and I looked at the door. Ethan stood in the door frame and looked at us.
"It was her. I know it."

"How?" Damiano asked him. Ethan pointed at the key in Damiano's hands.

"It's her key. I saw her holding it before she came back and before we found Amalia. And when I came back from the bathroom I saw her looking for something in front of that room. And I'm pretty sure it was that key." He pointed at it. I sighed.

"So now what? Thomas won't believe us... And Amalia texted me that she will go back to Australia today."

"Shit..." Damiano sighed.

"I'll get some breakfast you guys. I need some air." I stood up and walked out of the room.

Thomas' POV

I woke up and everyone was already up. I looked around and saw Ethan standing in the door frame of the bathroom.

"But how can we make sure who it was? I mean... Why would Mariella do this?" I heard Victoria ask. Wait... What was going on?

"Because she wants Thomas for herself." Ethan answered her.
"It was her. I know it." What was her? What did she do? I stayed silent so I could listen to them without them knowing.

"It's her key. I saw her holding it before she came back and before we found Amalia. And when I came back from the bathroom I saw her looking for something in front of that room. And I'm pretty sure it was that key." My eyes widened. Mariella locked Amalia into that room? Why would she do that? I didn't understand.

"So now what? Thomas won't believe us... And Amalia texted me that she will go back to Australia today." I heard Victoria say. Fuck. Amalia would go and I wouldn't be able to talk to her anymore.

"I'll get some breakfast you guys. I need some air." I quickly laid back down until everyone was gone. Fucking hell. What did I do?

Amalia's POV

I sat at the breakfast table and enjoyed some fresh baked waffleswith strawberries. Dylan had to use the bathroom so I sat alone. I ate my breakfast in peace when I heard a familiar voice.

"Amalia?" I looked up and saw Victoria, Ethan and Damiano standing in front of me.

"What are you guys doing here?" Vic put her tablet on the table and sat down next to me and hugged me. I hugged her back and Ethan and Damiano came from the other side and gave us a group hug.

"We are so sorry for what happened. You told us the truth. We just couldn't believe it." Vic meant to me.

"How do you know that I wasn't lying? Did that bitch confess?" Damiano shook his head.

"I found her key to that room. she locke you in. That whore will play for what she did to you."

"How are you feeling?" Ethan held me like abig brother.

"That panic attack really had me exhausted. But I'm better. I just wish I knew where Thomas and I are standing. Just then I heard a voice from behind.

"Hey Am..."