Home

Song: Home by Phillip Phillips

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛

I look over the camp, a shining castle on a cliff in the distance. I was shown to a tent with a change of clothes and food.

There's so much going on. I have so many people to protect, to keep safe. And then there's Edmund. He betrayed us sure, but he's still my brother. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to him.

Everyone is expecting me to be something that I'm not. I'm not a hero. If anything, June is. She just jumps into danger to protect others on a whim, with no hesitation. She's not in the prophecy but she seems to belong here. She's been able to know when we're in danger or not, she made that tree bloom, she fought off the wolves.

My attention goes back to the castle in the distance. They want me to be king. I don't think I'd be able to be king. I'm no hero.

"That is Cair Paravel," the smooth, deep voice of Aslan appears beside me. "The castle of the four thrones. In one of which you will sit, Peter. As High King."

High King. That sounds like way too much responsibility and respect for me.

"You doubt the prophecy?" Aslan asks.

"No, it's just- I'm not who you think I am," I try to express my thoughts.

"Peter Pevensie," Aslan starts. "Formerly of Finchley. Beaver also mentioned that you planned on turning him into a hat." I chuckle with Aslan, remembering that moment. "Peter," Aslan speaks again, this time more serious. "There is a deep magic, more powerful than any of us, that rules over Narnia. It defines right from wrong and governs all our destinies. Yours and mine."

"But I couldn't even protect my own family," I protest, still doubting myself.

"You've brought them safely this far."

"Not all of them."

"Peter, I will do what I can to help your brother," Aslan promises. "But I need you to consider what I ask of you." He looks out over the camp where his subjects loyally prepare for war. "I too want my family safe."

We look over the camp. Below I can see all the creatures. Aslan's right. Doesn't matter if I doubt myself, I have to protect mine and his family. It's my destiny.

♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛♛
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

(Imagine this, but the sleeves end where those blue ribbons are.)

After Aslan sent me out, I found Lucy and Susan's tent which thankfully had a third bed

After Aslan sent me out, I found Lucy and Susan's tent which thankfully had a third bed. I'm still laughing about how Aslan purposefully didn't welcome me to be dramatic. I should have expected the Real King of Narnia to be a showman.