Chapter 6

"Well, it actually is the one I didn't take" he answered her.

"What do you mean by that?" you asked

"It was a stupid thing to say, don't worry about it" Clint then said

"Please tell us, Consider it a Christmas present " Kate said

"Okay, it is about the time that I met someone. I was sent to take her out. And when I got there, when it was time. I couldn't do it. I just had this feeling that she wanted out." Clint said then he paused a bit. And you and Kate both saw that it was hard for him to talk about this.

"Turns out. I was right" he continued.

"You are talking about Natasha aren't you?" You asked.

"Yeah" he answered and paused again. "She was the best there was"

"I'm sorry." Kate said.

Then a silence took over the room until Kate broke it again.

"It's you, isn't it? You are ronin" She said

"Everyone dealt with the blip in their own way, I am a trained killer and did what I had to do" he said.

"You made mistakes, but that's all behind you now right?" You asked

"No, it's all tied to me. Tied to my family. That's the reason I'm here. And I can't go home until I fix it." He said.

"Okay, well let's put it behind us now and start another movie, Y/n which one did you choose?" Kate asked.

"The grinch" you said.

Kate and you were cuddled up again on the couch. Her head on you chest and your arms around her waist. It felt nice and you felt safe.

Kate had fallen asleep in your arms while watching the third of fourth movie. You pointed to Kate while looking at Clint to give him a sign and he understood it right away.

He got out of the chair, turned the tv and the lights off and went to bed. "Goodnight Y/n" you heard him say in the dark.

"Goodnight Clint" you whispered back before closing your eyes and falling asleep too.

You woke up without Kate in you arms. You sat up and looked around in the room. Clint was standing in the kitchen drinking his coffee and listening to some radio.

Then Kate came out of the bathroom and walked into the room.

"Good morning Kate" you said

"Good morning, you want some coffee?" She asked

"Why do you keep asking if you know the answer" you said.

"Fair" she said then she walked to the kitchen and poured some coffee into a cup. Then she walked over to the couch and sat next to you and gave you the cup.

"Okay Y/n we have a task, while Clint is going to talk to Kazi we have to get his, well our trick arrows back since he can't make more" she said

"Okay we can do that" you said while sipping your coffee.

"We have to go talk to the LARPers to get them back" she said