Chapter 2-Secrets from Both Sides

Last time

That night,Y/n took off used waterbending to go and come back safetly and quietly.She got their stuff from the in and hid them in their room.

This time

Y/n's POV

'Chizuru-kun,Y/n-kun welcome to the Shinsengumi'.Kondou-san said.

'We will take care of you but we can't allow girls walk around headquaters.We would like you two to continue dres up like boys'.Hijkata-san said.

'The presents of two girls can disrupt the peace here in the Shinsengumi'.Sannan-san-san said.

'What should we do then?'.Chizuru asked.

'Absolutley nothing'.Sannan-san said.

'We'll give you two a room,share the room and stay in that room most of the time'.Hijkata-san said.
'Also,these were the swords you two had,a boy should walk around with a sword around the waist'.Hijkata-san said.

I took my sword and chizuru took hers.I looked at my sword with a thin smile.

January of the fourth year in the Bunkyou Era

Some weeks had passed as the two girls stayed in the Headquaters. The room that both girls shared was far away from the rest,both girls understand that fact since they didn't want that the presence of two girls disrupt the HQ.

Y/n cleaned Sannan's room,broomed it.There wasn't alot to clean up since Sannan-san is a very clean and organized person.

Sannan-san was able to request that Y/n could get of the house arrest and help him around,they were a bit skeptical since she could steal something,so someone always kept a eye on her from the shades.

Sannan-san and Hijkata were away to Osaka

Both girls were in their room,Y/n was making hand movements and Chizuru was folding clothes.

'Nehh n/n-chan,what do you as Sannan-san's page?'. Chizuru asked,rolling on the ground as she finished her job.

Still focussed,Y/n spoke up.

'I help around with his research and clean up,serve tea all that'.She said.

'What about you Ruru-chan?'.Y/n asked.

'It looks like Hijkata-san doesn't even want me to be near him....'.Chizuru said with a sad face. Y/n stopped.

'Aww nooo,I'm sure he just need to do alot of things and is rather alone...*places hand on Chizuru's head*....give him sometime,your the sweetest I'm sure he will warm up with you,time is curcial for this'.Y/n said.

'Richt....YOU'RE RIGHT!!!'.Chizuru said,standing up with a smile. Y/n giggled and went back to water bend.

'Its warm in here....'.Chizuru said,vaning herself and opened the window.

'Yeah,the air is very damp,look'.Y/n said,waving her arm around in a circle motion,taking the water out the damp air. Out of the water Y/n made a lily. Chizuru holded the lily.

'Waaa,thank you Y/n-chan!'.She said but quickly sighed out.

'I hope they don't look us in forever'.She said.

'Excatly....'Y/n said.

'But isn't that the true desire of you two?'

'Waa!/kyaa!!'.Both girls screamed.then ran to the window and saw Okita-san sitting left under the window.Chizuru quickly gave the lily to Y/n,who turned it back to water and into steam,leaving no trace of a frozen lily that existed for some seconds.

'Souji-san?!'.Chizuru said.

'How long were siting there?!'.Y/n asked.Souji-san looked up to the two girls.

'You didn't notice me here?It was my turn to watch over you two'.He said

'Did you here everything?'.They asked with a dead voice and face.

Okita-san smiled.

Y/n breathed and sunk to the ground and Chizuru leaned on the window.

'Dinner is ready,your shift is about to end'.Both girls peered out the window

'Saito-san!'.They said.

'Hey!I am here too!'.Heisuke said.

Both had the girls dinner with them.

'Uhm,were you two here too all along?'.Chizuru asked.

Saito and Heisuke nodded,Y/n laid on the groundout of shame and covered her face. Heisuke placed the food on the ground and looked inside,Y/n quickly sat straight.

'Its dinner time'.Heisuke said,stating the obvious.

'You two can go,my shift is about to begin'.Saito said.

'Hijkata-san said that they need to be under survainlence 24/7'.Okita said.

'Then why don't we have them join us?'. Heisuke asked.

'We got orders that they aren't allowed to leave the room'.Saito said.

'Come on,Hijkata and Sannan-san are away in Osaka,just watching them eat won't be fun,lets go'.Okita-san said.

'Do we have to go also?'.Y/n asked.

'Lets go Chizuru and Y/n-kun!This will be so much fun!'Heisuke said,grabbing both girls hands.

. . .

Y/n's POV

We followed Okita,Saito and Heisuke to what I trust the dinner room.Okita-san opened the door.

'You're late!'.The voice of shinpachi-san was heard through the room.

'Hello to you too Shinpachi-san,Sano-san'. I said.

'Yo'. Sano said.

I was walking to then but Souji pulled me away.

'Y/n-chan,you will sit next to me right?~'. He asked.

'S-sure,why not'. I said,sitiing next to Souji. Sano scoothed over and let her sit next to him.

'Everyone is here,lets dig in'. Heisuke said. We all took our chopsticks.

'Thank you for the food' we all said.

I was peacefully eating when Shinpachi and Heisuke suddenlg begon a match with their chopsticks.

I made a questionable look,i guess Souji saw it.

'They always with for food,survival of the fittest they say' he said, i giggled as i saw Chizuru looking dumbfounded. She turned to look at me and i smiled.

The room was filled with laughter but that soon ended.
Gen-san came in.

'I just received word from Hijkata-san in Osakam Sannan-san was severely injured during a battle....'. He said,everyone stopped eating and made a face of horror and concern.

'Will Sannan-san be alright?!' Shinpachi asked.

'According to the letter,the injury isn't terrible deep,however it his left arm that is injured. It will be hard for him to wield a sword now, but it isn't life threatening'. Gen-san said but that didn't really made the mode in the rom any better.

Chizuru sighed out and looked at me,i nodded and smiled at her.

'Thats a relief-. Chizuru said.

'Swords are mend to bde wield with two hands'. Saito said

'In the worst case,Sannan-san will be able to yield a sword again......' he added.

'Excuse me,i must speak with Kondou-san'.Gen-san said

I hope Sannan-san,no eveyone on that expedition returns fast back to HQ.

'He will have to take that if it goes south-' Heisuke said.

Out of nowhere Sano came in and punched Heisuke,making Heisuke fly across the room. I was held down by Saito.

'Sano! You overreacted,Heisuke,think before you speak!'. Shinpachi scolded both.

'.....sorry'.Sano said.

'...nahh,i was the one at fault....'.Heisuke said.

'Y/n,Chizuru,plwase dont ask questions on this'. Shinpachi asked. I looked at the two who held me down.

'Got it'. I said.

Later,in the middle of the night

I looked at chizuru,deep alseep. I slowly crept out my futon and grabbed my waterpouch.I took my Midnight blue haori and I took my bamboo hat and tied it under my chin.
I walked out the room. It was freezing cold outside,I tied my haori close as I slowly walked pass the room to get to the waterput. I looked around,a owl was watching me. I waterbended some water from the put in the pouch. I walked back and stopped by Heisuke's room.
I quickly slided his door open. He laid in his futon with a bruised face. I quietly squated down and pushed the bamboo hat down.
I bended some water out the pouch, the water circled on my palm as i placed my hand on his bruised cheek. The water lighten up for some seconds before it turned back to normal. I smiled and bended the water back in the pouch.Luckly Heisuke didn't wake up as I did everything,how I don't know.
I smiled and quickly returned back to my room,quietly opened the door en closed it and got in my futon. I placed the water pouch next to me.

I looked at Chizuru and turned around and closed my eyes

'No worries,you woke up nobody'

'Kya!-' I yeleld but quickly covered my mouth.

Chizuru smiled at me.

'D-did i woke you up?!'. I asked. She looked at me.

'No,i was awake....couldn't sleep'. She confessed.

'How come?' I asked.

'Thinking about what 'that' could be'. She said. I nodded.

'I wonder too...'. I said.

*liquid flowing*

*dime light on*

'Nehh Chizuru,when this is all over let's have a spa day~'. I said with a grin. She laughed.

'Yes,sure...i want that chocolate masker of yours on my face'. she said,i laughed and rolled on ny back,my hand behind my head.

'I will make alot,you don't worry'. I said,we laughed before headinf back to our dreamland.

Tbc