Chapter 25- Ambush

Last time

'We need help'

'It's so terrifying HijIkata-san, not understanding this power of your own. I feel so small' I said. He caressed my back as I calmed down.

'Earthbenders come in the beginning of the month, they take people after each passing two months' Toru said.

'A place where no earth is.....'Heisuke said out loud as he looked in the sky.

This time

Chapter 25: Ambush

Chizuru's POV

Flashback

'Do we have everything?' I asked.

'Yes'

'Alright, Toru'

Toru made a hole so that we could walk underneath the surface. We lit some torches so that we cold see were we we're walking.

Flashback ended

'Woooo...ooohhhhhh'Heisuke said as he was walking.

'So it's not just throwing boulders...' He added.

'No, It's greater than you think'Toru said, as he bended the earth that was infront of us away. 

'We have to go side ways in some minutes, the Dai- the Earthbenders will notice that there are people walking under them'Toru said.

For some minutes we were walking in a straight line.

'Be.....quiet, walk with a distance' Toru said as he then made a path side ways. He went first and some seconds Hijkata went, Shinpachi was the one walking behind me. One for one we were walkign with a 5 meter distance.

It was dead silent.

Then we stopped walking.

Author's POV

Toru didn't move a muscle as he felt that not only were there people above them, but also underneath them. Fearing that the group would me caught, Toru looked at Hijkata and gave him a silent signal and laided on the ground. Hijkata passed the signal to the person after him and did the same. Soon, the whole group was laying on the ground in dead silence.

Minutes passed by, and the torches were dying out.

Hijkata moved a bit,Toru shook his head.

More minutes passed by.Toru looked at the right and pointed a finger.

'Hey, take these and bring them to squad delta..........'

'....'

Their hearts pounded loud that they could feel it in their necks  when they heard the guards talk.

More minutes passed, that's when Toru slowly got up from the ground and walked slowly. Minutes later Hijkata stood up and so on. The silence began to feel unbearbale now that they know they weren't the only ones underneath. The footsteps sounded so loud because of the paranoia.

The sound of water hitting something was heard.Toru suspected that they were walking under a pound or lake. Underneath begin to feel very chilly. And it didn't help that there were soldier taking a break near the lake.