{9}

~Hanami~

The two third years and Fujioka were the only ones wearing Kimonos. The others wore butler outfits with aprons and everything. Even Kofuyu was given he own Kimono and Haori to wear, but she was harder to convince than Haruhi was.  

It was one of those times when she had nothing to do. Each host was busy doing their own thing with their own guests. They spoke about whatever costly possession or exorbitant location, and that greatly disinterested Kofuyu.  

Kofuyu spotted Haruhi sitting in an empty field and decided to join her since she was beginning to get bored. "You look nice in that outfit," complimented Haruhi. Kofuyu kneeled beside the other female host club member. Haruhi admitted, "I'm kind of surprised the brothers got you two wear it."

"Believe me, I put up a fight," Kofuyu replied. She smiled at the memory of Hikaru and Koaru annoyed at her stubbornness. She lifted her head and watched the soft pink petals make their descent from the tree branches. "I'm not used to dressing up for stuff like this," Kofuyu admitted.

The inherent beauty of nature calmed her, and sitting beneath the trees like this accelerated her relaxed nature. When she found out the host club would take place outside, she was somewhat excited, although she didn't show it. 

"Didn't they have Hanami festivals in your home town?" Haruhi asked. She glanced over at the girl beside her with a curious expression. 

"Yeah, but my boyfriend and I never went to those things," Kofuyu answered without thinking. "If we did, it was only for the food." 

"You have a boyfriend?" Haruhi asked. Kofuyu flinched at the realization of what she had just said. She glanced over her shoulders to make sure no one else had heard her. Thankfully, no one had since they were alone. 

"No," She cleared her throat. "Ex-boyfriend," Kofuyu corrected. She turned her head away from Haruhi and remained silent. 

"Uh, okay." Haruhi noticed the uneasy tone in Kofuyu's voice the way Kofuyu sat with tensed shoulders. Haruhi deduced it was a sensitive subject and mentally noted not to bring it up again. "Could it have something to due with that shrine in her house? She kept glancing at it last time I was there, and she avoided every question I asked." 

"Haruhi, Kofuyu~" Tamaki greeted. Both girls looked over, but for Kofuyu, it was only a glance. She turned back around and stared up at the trees. "How are you two doing? Are you enjoying yourself?" Tamaki asked and leaned against one of the tree trunks. He tried to be as seductive and suave as he could. 

"Tamaki-senpai-" Haruhi was cut off before she could reply. 

"The Flower Viewing Reception is going over quite well, but even so, it's rather daunting to spend more time being admired rather than doing the admiring," Tamaki spoke in his hosting voice. 

"Yeah, so daunting," Kofuyu replied sarcastically. 

"Wow, Senpai, you're blooming in more ways than one," Haruhi added in the same flat tone. A small smile formed on Kofuyu's face, but she quickly got rid of it. 

"You noticed!" He dramatically pointed to her. He either didn't notice the sarcastic tone or he chose to ignore it, but the former seemed more likely. "Yes, today my beauty is quite splendorous. I'm in full bloom! I bet you'll fall for me soon, eh?" He leaned towards her with a alluring smile. 

Kofuyu rolled her eyes, but she still wasn't facing his way, so her annoyance when unnoticed. She doesn't understand why people find him so attractive. Curiosity got the best of her, and she finally turned to look at him again.