{22}

~The Twins Fight~

Kofuyu stood beside the person she'd consider her closest friend, Haruhi. It was sort of Kofuyu's silent way of checking up on her to make sure she wasn't too bothered by Hikaru, Kaoru, and Tamaki's actions.  

"Can you believe them?" Haruhi sighed more to herself than to Kofuyu. Kofuyu hummed and her eyes went to the floor. The silence that fell between them only lasted for a second, though. The twins got the girls' attention by waving them over. 

"We've got a favor to ask you," they explained. Kofuyu's eyes narrowed, and she was already ready to decline their request. Hikaru and Kaoru asking for a favor? Yeah, that's very suspicious. 

"What is it?" answered Haruhi in a flat tone. She waited for the twins to answer, but Kofuyu turned her head away, uninterested. 

"The next time we get a day off..." 

"Can we come over to your place and hang out?"

"You're neighbors, so it's convenient." 

"No," Kofuyu answered quickly.  Not only had she made up her mind before they even asked, but there was no way Kofuyu wanted to invite them over. 

"Why would you wanna do that?" asked Haruhi. The three didn't respond to Kofuyu's hasty decision, and the two brothers tried to convince Haruhi to agree. 

"We're curious! We want to see where you live." Hikaru and Kaoru stood on either side of the girls. 

Haruhi answered in a blank face. "No way." Kofuyu confidently shook her head and tried to walk away from the three, but one of the twins, Hikaru, wrapped an arm around her to keep her from leaving. 

"Aww, pretty please?" asked Hikaru. Kofuyu glared up at him, but he was unphased by her hostile actions. 

"What makes you think that I'd ever agree to that?" She wiggled in Hikaru's arm, trying to get away from him. 

She no longer panicked when the hosts would hold her or show any sort of physical "affection", but that still doesn't mean she enjoyed it. 

"Haruhi, please?" Kaoru asked her. Kofuyu eventually got away from Hikaru by pinching his arm, something she's seen Haruhi effectively do to get Tamaki away from her. 

"No, you guys are just going to make fun of me," answered Haruhi, defensively. 

"You guys are so judgmental without even realizing it," added Kofuyu. With her arms crossed over her chest, she turned her head away. 

"No matter how much we beg you?" Hikaru and Kaoru persisted, and Kofuyu noted how they didn't even deny their accusations. 

"I, too, have been thinking that it is about time we pay our respects to your family!" Tamaki suddenly shouted, more determined than he's ever been. 

"No way in hell, Senpai," Haruhi declined. 

"Yeah, no thanks. I'm alone more than half the time anyway," Kofuyu mumbled. "You probably wouldn't meet my aunt."

"All the more reason you should invite your friends to keep you company!" Tamaki reasoned. Kofuyu's eyes trailed down to the floor, and she found herself thinking about how Takejiro would visit her house whenever she was home alone. 

"Huh... it's been a while since I thought about him..."

"We can settle this with a game!" Hikaru and Kaoru pulled on their green hats. "If neither of you can pick out which one of us is Hikaru, then we get to come over to your house later tonight!~" The two started spinning around, and Kofuyu narrowed her eyes into another glare. "So, which one of us is Hikaru?"