{27}

~Jungle Pool Pt. 3~

"Gentlemen!" Tamaki-senpai spoke dramatically. "We're going after Honey-senpai! That pool looks like the quickest way!" He pointed in the direction of where Honey-senpai went in. I noticed everyone but Ootori had started to run in that direction, so I stayed standing beside him.

It is his family's place anyway. If anyone knows this place, it would be him.

"Wait, I wouldn't go-" Ootori was cut off by the screams of the other hosts.

"There are alligators!" the twins shouted.

"Okay, so we can't use that pool. Let's try this way next!" Tamaki-senpai pointed in another direction, and the rest of the hosts followed him.

"Alligators? Seriously?" I looked at Ootori, but he only shrugged. I was going to question him on why, but the other hosts just screamed again. That continued for a while as the hosts started running, screaming, then running again.

"What's with all the alligators?" Haruhi panted. It really bothered me the way that Ootori was letting all of that happen while he scribbled in that little notebook of his. It's like he doesn't care about finding Honey-senpai at all.

"Those alligators belong to the park's tropical animal exhibit. I guess it is kind of dangerous to let them run wild. Though, the cause of our present situation seems to be the location of the switch for the current pool. I'll have to have a little chat with our designers," said Ootori. He snapped the notebook closed and did one of those stupid little smiled.

"So, we're you're guinea pigs?" I scoffed. Ootori's eyes flickered towards me, but he said nothing. Instead, he decided to change the subject. He walked over to one of the posted maps.

"This is a map of the Tropical Aqua Garden," Ootori paused. He pointed to a spot on the map and said, "This is our current location, we need to get here. I have a feeling that's where Honey-senpai probably ended up. It might be tough, because to get there we'll have to make it through this jungle area here in the southern block. Distance wise we're talking about 800 meters."

"There's a lot of forest-y areas there. Do you know what would be hiding there?" I looked at Ootori who was still studying the map.

"Since they're still being developed, I'm afraid I don't know," Ootori responded. His eyes met mine, and I frowned.

I'm really hoping to stay away from any alligators today.

"Alright, now this is a mission of survival! I know we can make it through the treacherous jungle in once piece! It is our sworn duty to save Honey-senpai!" Tamaki-senpai tried to encourage the hosts to be brave, and maybe it worked for some of the other hosts, but it didn't for me.

~~

Everyone walked in a single file line towards where Ootori suspected Honey-senpai ended up. I tried to stay in the middle of the group just in case there were any more stray animals.

"Wow, this place is just like a real jungle, huh?" Tamaki-senpai pointed out.

"Yeah, and I keep hearing all of these really strange animal calls," Haruhi said. I probably wouldn't have noticed if she didn't.

"You don't think that all those animal sounds could belong to the real thing, do you?" The twins spoke in unison.

"Knowing Ootori, they probably are," I sighed out.

"To be honest, I'm not sure, but I do know that my family always strives for authenticity whatever the cost," Ootori replied from behind me. The conversation simmered out, and we walked in silence. The fact that there could be more animals sunk into everyone else's head.