.1

The sun made me smile these days.

The winter chill melted over the months, but a small pocket of it lingered in my heart. I refuse to acknowledge anything regarding my friend-my chest tightened at the thought of him. He's been busy, of course-new album debuting soon along with performances and then his tour. His tour, it's what I dreaded the most.

Seokjin and I talked most days. He'll text and tell me about something fun he did or discovered and I would share a little gossip about who came to the network today. I've had this ongoing joke with him, telling him I've applied to work with his company. He's told me I should, but I told him I'd rather stay with television. Plus, there may be an opening in the digital online department soon, and it's where I would like to go. Being the supportive friend he is, he encouraged me.

He invited me over to his dorm, but I have yet to answer him. It always fun to see the guys-I've even had conversations with a few of them. It's easy being around them when Seokjin is around, but the minute I'm alone with the eldest, I lose myself and panic. Reason why I've been declining most of his invitations.

Seokjin and I agreed months ago on the night of seeing the lights-well, sort of. He suggested I wasn't ready for what he offered and I took it as such. He doesn't want to interrupt our friendship and neither do I, but my feelings for him are even harder to ignore now. I don't even want to admit them aloud, because it deepened the pain. However, I put on a brave face and be the best friend he enjoyed seeing.

I started a new drama, and I couldn't wait to get into it. I even made some cookies for the occasion of binging it. My schedule allowed me to take a couple of days off, so I used those days to relax and catch up on my favorite shows. Father and stepmother invited me over tomorrow night for dinner-something told me it would more of a dinner party, but I'm looking forward to it, anyway. My stepbrother will come home soon and I missed him so much.

A knock on my door interrupted my tv time. I stood up and walked over, eyeing the peephole to see who would be behind it, but all I could see was a pink orchid in the way. Biting down on my lip, I opened the door, tilting my head and sighing. "Hi." Seokjin spoke as he bowed slightly. "Flower for you," he said in the cutest English accent, presenting the vase of the pink orchid.

I accepted the vase and inhaled the aroma of the flower. Orchids are my favorite. "Thank you Seokjin," I smiled and gestured for him to come in. Seokjin lowered his hood, revealing his freshly cut and re-dyed hair. Every color he wore held a unique dynamic, but there is something about his midnight tresses that made my heart fluttered. His eyes were a little puffy, and I sensed the tiredness in his aura.

"Thank you for seeing me, Hazel." He spoke as he entered further into my apartment. Hearing my name from his lips sent me into a spiral of memories, making my heart flutter faster. Our gaze locked onto each other's and I gulped, getting a full view of his face. His lips. Lips I missed and would do anything to have them now.

I lowered my gaze, embarrassed when my mind took me and needed a buffer. "Orchid, huh?" I spoke, remembering the flower in my hand.

Seokjin nervously patted the hairs on his neck. "Yeah, well, I-I've actually been growing it for you and I figured now would be the perfect time to give it to you." He answered.

My eyes flooded with tears as the echo of hearing he grew it for me mimicked my thoughts. Why does he keep making this difficult? "W-What do you mean, you grew it?"

Seokjin's lips parted. "I bought some seeds in the fall and planted it at my mother's house. I wanted to give it to you for your birthday and since we will be in New York, I brought it to you. You won't visit me at the dorm, and I wanted to check on you." He explained, perching his brow at the end of his statement.

I blushed, "This is sweet Jinnie." I took another inhale of the flower before I set it down on the table. Seokjin followed behind me and when I turned to face him, the distance between us was nonexistent. I gasped, heart beating a mile a minute from our closeness. Our eyes wandered each other's, desperate to speak, but something held us back. I decided to break the silence. "Sorry," I mumbled, biting down on my lip as I took a few steps back.

"It's okay." Seokjin murmured. "I better get going. I'm on curfew and I need to rest. We fly out day after tomorrow, so I'll talk to you soon." Seokjin leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. I turned my face slightly, making his lips dangerously close to mine. A desperate move, I'll admit, but I didn't have the gall to proceed.

"Thank you," I whispered, emotion clinging to every syllable in my voice. Seokjin lifted the hood on his jacket and exited the door. I watched him, clinging to the imprint of him in my apartment after his exit and feeling foolish for wanting him to stay longer.

↣ ♡ ↢

Early release! Let's get it!!

↣ ♡𝒸𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹♡ ↢