four ~ 70's pop

Dream's POV

"You didn't have to do this." George mumbles, placing the diner's menu down, "what?"

I knew what he meant. I knew this was his favorite diner in town. It was old, and it still had the seventies look to it. He always said him and his family would always get milkshakes and fries here and that I needed to try it. 

"Take me here." He didn't look upset at the idea, but he definitely wasn't super happy about it like I thought it would make him. I want to see him happy again. Genuinely happy.

"We can go somewhere different if you-" he shakes his head profusely, "slow your role" he laughs, "I still want the fries and milkshake, but I don't get how you know about this place."

"You've told me about it." I smile, "you talk about memories here quite a bit actually."

What's funny is George talked about his family so much, but I have no clue about any of them but him, his mother, and his father. He's mentioned these people like Amelia and Daisy a couple times, but never got into how they were significant to him.

I want to know George more. I want to know who he is before I leave. God, I wish he would leave with me.

"Oh."

"I like hearing about them, actually."

I want to know more about George. His likes, his dislikes, his plans, his achievements. I want to ask so much questions but I never want to make things uncomfortable for him.

We sit in silence for a few moments before he clears his throat, "I haven't been here in a long time." He looks around and the smallest smirk peeks through his lips.

"How long?" He shrugs before sitting back in the seat, "seven? Eight years? I don't know."

I kept my eyes on him, seeing the waitress coming over in my peripheral vision. I couldn't take my eyes off of him though, watching every reaction that came out of him.

"George? George Davidson?" The waitress hawks, a smile spreading wide across her face. George smiles, "hey, Susan."

"I haven't seen you in so long! How's the family?" His smile alters, but not completely.

"We're okay!" He nods, like it was his way of convincing a point. They talked for a little while longer, but I still kept my eyes on him.

"okay, boys. What are we ordering today?"

"Two orders of your vanilla milkshakes and fries." George smiles, eyes finally locking with mine for a moment in time.

"Alright, is that all?" I open my mouth to say something before I even know what I'm going to say, "a fruit bowl to go, please. No honeydew"

I finally look away from George and give the lady a smile. "alright! Anything else?"

"No, thank you."

"Alright. I'll be over shortly." Both George and I respond with another 'thank you' before she turns around and heads towards the kitchen.

"God, Dream." I furrow my eyebrows, confused, "what?"

He shakes his head as his cheeks turn a shade of pink. My heart felt like an anchor, the churning in my stomach making me feel nauseous. It wasn't a bad feeling though. It almost felt like hope.

"Quit looking at me." He laughs, covering his face with his hands. I grin and reach up, taking his hands into mine, trying to force them down. "Dream!"

I laugh at his attempt to hide his face, "just put your hands down."

When he finally gives up, he looks up at me with a smile. His face had hints of pink but he couldn't hide it anymore, "do I make you nervous, George?"