15 ~ if you love me

George's POV

Three more days. Three more days until his leave and I've noticed it's less and less we have really had contact. He isn't driving me to work anymore because he wakes up too late. He doesn't work at the bookstore anymore. He drives me back sometimes, otherwise I just take the bus home like I used to.

Right now, we're in a quiet car ride to spend our last normal weekend together at my house. I refused to stay at his apartment, knowing it was probably close to bare empty right now. I don't want to see that.

The only sound was the soft radio and the old road that scurried under the tires. It was dark out by now, so every light and sound was much more noticeable.

Dream shifts in his seat as he rests his elbow on the lock'er down console, letting out a quiet sigh. I felt bad. Usually we'd at least talk about our days or about something. Suddenly, he takes a different turn than my house. "What are you—"

"Just relax." He says, glancing at me for a moment before a smile eases onto his face, "I'm going to get us food. Did your mom eat already?" I look up at the road, trying so hard not to take the wheel as he looked at me. "Watch the road." I sit forward a bit, "my mom's already asleep."

"Okay." His eyes return back to the empty road as  he made a turn into the 24 hour diner we dined in months ago. "Do you want to come in or do you want it to go?" I look over at him and smile gently, "we can go in."

"Okay."

I don't know why this makes me sad, but it does.

"I didn't bring my wallet—"

"When have I ever made you pay, sweetheart?" I smile and race up to him. He wraps his arm around me as we both walked in, Susan's face immediately lighting up from her tired state she was in, "well, if it isn't George Davidson and his dear friend! Dining in tonight?"

"Of course." Dream smiled, a smile that showed his slightly crooked teeth he always hides. There's sometimes where I'll catch it, but he'll immediately hide it behind his hand. It's a something small I know not a lot of people see.

I follow shortly behind Dream as he follows Susan to our seats. The soft 70's tunes and red cushioned seats all brought the atmosphere to life, even at night like this. 

"What can I get you boys to drink?" Susan asks, a wide smile on her face as she looked at us both. "A milkshake?" Dream points at me in question and I nod, "yeah."

"With fries?" Susan asks knowingly and we both nod, chuckling at her somehow great memory. "Will that be all?"

"Yeah, I think so." I answer, "I'll get back to you boys, soon."

"Thanks, Susan." I smile kindly as she walks away, her 3 inch heels hitting the tiled floor in every step she took.

Dream nudges my ankle under the table, suggesting me to pay attention to him after having it away for so long.

"George."

"Hm?" I turn my head towards him to find he had a pout on his face, "what?"

I couldn't help but laugh at his expression. His lips were puckered up and his eyes were extravagantly big, looking up at me through his long eyelashes that casted shadows on his cheekbones. I'll never get to see him like this again.

I look away again, trying to keep the smile on my face. "George."

"Dream." I huff.

"It's not very nice to not look at your date." I turn over and squint my eyes at him, confused of what he means.