24 ~ almost

happy for you / method acting - leanna firestone

George's POV

"Hi, George!" Dream's mom chirps as she turns towards the door where Dream and I are taking off our shoes. I wave at them all with a half-genuine smile as Dream pulls my arm to get moving. "Bye, George." She laughs as we head up the stairs.

I wondered what they thought of me. I mean, I always do, but this is something different. This isn't something minor like the first time when I just stormed out the house, this is a major change and when Dream asked for me to stay over, I didn't think of this: I'd have to spend so much time around his family.

It wasn't a complaint, but it isn't something that sounded appealing this week.

As we walk into his bedroom, I look around the walls and find that all his football awards and trophies are gone. It isn't blank, he moved a couple things in here but it still looked like he didn't really want to live here permanently.

"Are you okay?" I nod, looking over my shoulder to see him gathering loose papers and books before moving them aside and resting my bag on it.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I pause, "what's all those papers?"

"Uh— essays."

"Essays?"

"For college."

"Oh." The room got silent again, choosing that the subject was for a later time.

"I plan on going this fall."

My theory was wrong.

"Where to?"

"Florida."

"Oh."

"Yeah." He sighs, "they told me my scholarship was still acceptable."

I smile and look down at the ground, genuinely happy about the news. Most schools wouldn't accept a scholarship after a year of not accepting it. "What will you major in?"

"English." I look up and laugh, making my way to the bed.

"Of course you are."

He makes his way to the small bed as well, a grin on his face, "did you expect anything different?"

"No." I smile, "are you still playing football?"

"Yeah." I shut my eyes as I chuckle.

Silence, again. It seemed like there was a barrier we didn't want to break, like an unspoken boundary that both of us didn't want to cross.

"Do you think we could do it?" I whisper, moving onto my shoulder to look at him. He shuffles a bit closer before reaching his hand up to rest on my cheek. His eyebrows were furrowed as if he was confused about something, whether that was because of my question or why I asked, I don't know.

"Yeah." He whispers, sweeping large strands of hair from my face. I really need a haircut. "We can do it." He pauses before looking away from me, laughing at something, "I was kinda hoping you'd be willing to come with me, actually."

I look at him with little to no emotion as I studied his features. Of course he was serious about this, but what if he wasn't? I didn't want to put my hopes up.

"I mean— you could say no. I just thought it would be easier and—"

"I'll think about it."

"You will?"

I nod my head and smile as his forehead presses onto mine. There was something about the idea of living with him that made me so incredibly happy. I didn't think I was thinking anymore, I knew I'd accept it. I had no reason to stay back here. I'll only be leaving my job, and it would be a nice change.