18 ~ library boy

George's POV

I pick at the skin around my nails as we near his family's home.

The last time I was here, I wasn't okay. My life was everywhere and Dream and I was just becoming close. I wonder if they hate me or think badly of me because of my outburst.

A squeeze on my knee is what brings me out of my head. I look over and give a soft smile to him. And like he read my mind, Dream smiles and says, "they don't dislike you, George."

"You don't know that." I look away from him and out the window, causing him to finally look at the road.

"I do know that, actually!" He chuckles, taking his hand off my knee and on the wheel, the house coming into view around the corner.

"Oh yeah, how?" I was teasing now. I still didn't feel like he was telling the truth, but even if I felt that way I didn't want to ruin the rest of this night. Dream told Drista he was coming over for dinner and told her to not tell their parents. I was brought along because of convenience.

"My mom told me so." I roll my eyes and laugh, "okay."

He stops the car as soon as he parks far enough away from the house. He lets out a shaky breath as he fixes his hair, looking at himself in the rear-view mirror. I kept my eyes on him as he moved the strands between his fingers, he groaned in frustration and annoyance.

"You look fine, Dream."

"Fine isn't great." I laugh as I reach up and grab his jaw, pulling him down and pressing a kiss on his cheekbone.

"You're more nervous than I am, Dream." I giggle,  moving his jaw and pressing a comforting kiss to his lips. A chime from Dream's phone is what brings us apart.

He reaches in his pocket and fishes the phone out while still pressing his lips to my face.

Inseparable is what Laila said today. Today wasn't as bad as the rest.

I giggle as his kisses become feather-light, reaching the spot under my ear before parting away.

He opens his messages and I see Drista's name pop up. I turn away and let another laugh pass my lips.

"We should probably go." He laughs, taking the keys out of the ignition.

"Yeah."

"Drista saw that." I look up and see Drista a couple of feet away from the car, a smile on her face before she goes racing in the direction of the house.

"Of course she did." I sigh before looking back at him, "so let's go."

"Okay."

"Okay."

As we head towards the house, Dream got more and more anxious. I wondered why. Why was he nervous to see his parents?

I stop walking, causing him to collide with my back. I turn around and look up at him, "what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" He asks, forcing a smile onto his features that looked far from what it usually is.

"I mean—" I grab his hands and separate them from each other, "you're tearing your skin apart and you aren't talking."

He raises an eyebrow, "do I talk a lot?"

I nod, "I like you talking a lot. Don't go quiet."

"Okay." He takes a deep breath and nods, "I'm going to ask them if I can move back in."

"What?" I move back slightly, confused.

Why would you want to stay? I wanted to say. He's tried so hard to leave this place, so why does he want to come back?