day 0 | where it all started

It's crazy how the universe brings two people together in the most random hours.

When it finally brings Taehyung and Jeongguk together, neither it had, nor any of them could think that it'd all start with a bunch of pretty rules and a week that'd last forever.

Taehyung sighed for the first time that day.

A week.

That's all he had, to live the last days of his school life. Graduation was around the corner, with exam results just in queue after it.

He had been wishing to go to his dream college, Seoul National University. And he guessed, it won't take much trouble for his selection, for all he knew was, his exams went well.

Just as he stepped into his school, he saw large banners, hanging around and students in action. They all were preparing for the ceremony that was going to be held at the end of this week before the school announces a two days holiday.

The past week had been stressful enough. Although the juniors were mainly responsible for the decorations and arrangements, Taehyung had to look after them just so everything was set and according to the plan since it was the duty of the president of the student council, which by the same logic meant, Taehyung was the one at position.

His steps tumbled upon the marbled floor while his gaze lingered around his campus. The sudden nostalgia of the day when he wandered here for the first time hit him, resulting a weak smile which could merely be seen dancing at the corner of his lips.

It's been so long since he was a part of this school and suddenly the idea of leaving everything behind just seemed so difficult. He remembered how he got elected to be the president and how every student looked upto him, still did. It was something he deeply cherished.

But despite all, a regret was still there. He never really got to experience what school romance actually felt like. He had seen his school mates, roaming around hand in hand with their lovers but it never affected him up until now.

It was when he's finally leaving, he had come to realise he never really tried everything what one must during their school days. Even though this had been something unsettling and in his mind now-a-days, he didn't want to fall in love.

The concept of being in love was something he considered illogical. One of the many reasons why he never felt himself getting attached to someone.

His steps haltered just when his eyes caught the sight of a certain blond male, ordering some of the other peers who he thought were the juniors. A deep chuckle left his throat upon the sight of his best friend.

"Jimin!" His eyes formed into crescents when the male rotated his blond head to his direction. Leaving everything behind, Jimin rushed to him before jumping in his arms.

"Taetae! I missed you!" The other felt the need to roll his eyes over his best friend's exaggeration.

"We just met yesterday." The blond giggled before detaching himself away from the hug. He winked playfully before tugging the taller's hand.

"Let's go, you need to see the podium. I swear these juniors are trouble in paradise. They don't even listen to me!" Taehyung chuckled before letting the male drag him to the sports ground.

"I don't blame them though," He cleared his throat, "You're smol." And soon a loud laughter of his echoed around them.

Jimin pouted, angrily gazing back at his supposedly best friend before smacking his chest until the other had to calm down in order to protect himself from the tiny punches of the tiny male.