day 4 | unexpected mishaps

Playlist for the chapter;
You're gonna live forever in me by John Mayer; Dancing in the kitchen by LANY; September by James Arthur; Bad company by Daniel Schulz; At my worst by Pink Sweat$; Smile again by blackbear.

The first thing they both did is they frantically ran like wild boars, zooming past the librarian once he unlocked the door to the library right in the morning.

They were hungry, their stomachs practically making wild noises. And so for them, explaining why they were found inside the library was out of question.

What they failed to notice was the horrified look the middle aged man had but like every other librarian, he was one fatty monotonous person who had rectangular glasses almost dropping down his nose bridge.

So he only ignored them and went inside the library to his fixed desk and spread his legs over the table top to go through the daily magazine he read almost all the time.

When they reached the convenience store, just as they decided a while ago, Taehyung pushed the glass door before they entered the small building that had something going on over the radio with a worker boy seated by the counter, totally unbothered by their presence.

Without uttering a word, neither glancing at each other, they straight away went to the ramyeon section before grabbing two cups and paying for it just in a blink of an eye. They were that hungry.

So now, after they had gobbled down the entire thing, maybe looking like homeless creeps for passers they didn't know forwarded them weird glances, they felt as if they would survive just another few minutes.

Taehyung let out a sigh, glancing at Jeongguk before they both shared a look, "Let's go to my house." Jeongguk only nodded, knowing there the elder would make them something to eat which would fill their partly satisfied stomachs.

"You do have ingredients at home, right?" Jeongguk asked.

When Taehyung shook his head, he chuckled before grabbing his hand, pulling him up to buy some stuff from the same convenience store they had bought the ramyeon.

"This time, we're going to pay." Taehyung spoke just as they were about to make their way back inside the store.

"I'm fine with that," Jeongguk shrugged, "Too hungry for a run." He added after a while, giggling a bit when Taehyung scrunched his nose in response.

When Jeongguk started dumping things he thought were calling for him to choose, in the trolley, mainly consisting of nothing but junks, Taehyung had to take the situation in his own hands.

It took him almost five minutes to keep those packets of chips and sodas back into their original places before tossing a stern look at the younger, who only sulked in response and followed the elder like a child deprived of his favourite toy.

And now, they were back to Taehyung's house after buying the things he thought were healthy and obviously edible, nothing like the junk the younger chose with his eyes probably closed.

They brought Yeontan back with them, with the grandma casting them a concerned yet a sweet glance, neither asking for any questions related to Taehyung's absence for the night. And they were quite thankful for that.

"You do know how to cook, right?" Jeongguk prompted uncertainly, eyeing back and forth between the pan in other's hands and the elder himself.

Taehyung scoffed, "I've been living alone for the past 3 years for as long as I remember. Obviously I'd know how to cook for survival."