day 5 | you & I

[RECOMMENDED PLAYLIST]
Moon and back by Alice Kristiansen; Lovely by Billie Eilish & Kalid; If the world was ending by JP Saxe; The night we met by Lord Huron, 2U (Jungkook's cover); Fix you by Coldplay; lights by BTS.

It felt quiet. The roads, the alleyways. It felt as if the city had gone to sleep or an apocalypse just occurred, taking down the entire town yet leaving out the two stumbling and falling, yet ending up together.

There was this melodious tune of nothingness lingering in air along with their soft giggles as they skipped hand in hand towards the beach.

The roads were empty, no honking of cars, no breathing of souls. Just them with a packet of beer cans in hand and a thin blanket they bought along.

When the sound of waves crushing the shore reached till their ears, they had smiles which crinkled their eyes as if to give an emulsion of the moon above.

Their hold onto each other's hands only tightened while they ran towards the beach. Their feet tangling with the cold sand underneath.

When Jeongguk gazed into Taehyung's eyes, he saw those dark and chocolaty brown orbs, warm and bright and beautiful. And a smile as bright as the sun resting upon his lips.

And for a moment, he wondered whether the elder was really this happy or it was his own reflection which added onto the feelings shown through his smile.

Even through the darkness, the twinkle of the moonlight in Taehyung's eyes was the loudest along with his face illuminating to the golden light of the lamp posts placed at a distance.

"This is better," He whispered in the plain silence, moving his gaze to the waves returning back to the shore. Just like one always returns back home, no matter how long they had wandered aimlessly with no fixed destination in mind.

"Better than any nightclub." He added after a while. Taehyung hummed and for a minute they both went quiet.

And in those brief passing seconds, they were just two idiots unaware of their feelings. Drunken yet finely sober. For them, it was everything yet nothing all at once.

Taehyung took a beer can before flipping it open, the hiss of it ringed across their ears for a while before the drink settled down completely.

"To this week paradise!" He exclaimed just as he raised the can for a toast.

He waited until Jeongguk did the same actions as him. They both grinned ear to ear just as they let their cans make that ting sound when they were made to clash against each other before gulping down the entire content in one go.

"To this week paradise!" Jeongguk repeated, a laugh leaving his lips soon after.

This hit different. Unlike drinking inside his suffocated room, Jeongguk felt nice when he had the whole view of an endless ocean, sounds of waves tangling and meeting with the shore and flocking of birds that were yet to call the world to come alive.

And the warmth of a body snuggled by his side, providing him the most comforting feeling he had ever known. It was a feeling he'd never trade for anything, not even the world.

"Gguk?" Taehyung murmured, it was so low that if not for their closeness, Jeongguk wouldn't even able to point it out along with the whispers of wind caressing their faces.

He hummed, glancing at his side to look into other's eyes.

"How about a walk by the shore?" The elder prompted, letting a smile grow over his face, similar to what Jeongguk had.