day 7 | love like that

[RECOMMENDED SONGS FOR THE CHAPTER]

A week in paradise by Gktrk & Daïtshi; To each his own by Talos; Youth by Troye sivan; Say you won't let go by James Arthur; Malibu nights by Lany; Julia by lauv; Coming home by HONNE; lost stars by Adam Levine; Hey Jude by The beatles.

Jeongguk, just like always, was confident enough to suggest they take his father's car parked right outside the boundary wall of his house.

And so things lead to one after another, including them sneaking out just as quietly as possible.

And absolutely with no permission or whatsoever need to persuade his parents because firstly, they were just as excited and secondly, no fucking parent would allow their stupid teenage kids for a midnight drive to the neighbouring city when precisely it was the time of criminals (if not vampires) to roam around in streets and highways.

Jeongguk quirked up a brow at the elder's could be considered confused look, "Don't tell me you were just bluffing when you said you know how to drive this shit with four tires?"

Taehyung tossed him a glance full of disbelief, "Can't you just be normal for a second? I'm trying to concentrate hard over here."

"You're fucking trying to concentrate on how to start this fucking car! There's a difference!"

Taehyung pouted, "But I swear I did it easily back then."

"Kim Taehyung! Where did you even learn how to drive?" Jeongguk was so done, seriously.

"Yoongi Hyung taught me. And can you like just believe in his teachings?"

"What about your learning?!"

"Leave it up to me."

"Fucking hell, I don't want to die yet!"

Taehyung groaned, "This was your fucking plan!" He shot back.

"But dying was never included in it." Jeongguk whined in response.

And just then the engine roared beneath them, Taehyung grinned, "Sit back and relax, even if we die, I'm sure we're going to hell together."

Jeongguk scoffed, folding his arms over his chest and with a huff he shifted his gaze outside the window.

And suddenly the car jolted forward, and jerked and then jolted, finally coming to a stop.

"Kim Taehyung, you don't know how to drive! Stop the fucking car!" Jeongguk yelled, breath ragged.

And then he saw Taehyung stifling a laugh and somehow stopped himself from strangling the male to death just right there.

"Hey," His lips curled a bit over his soft voice yet he maintained his stoic-irritated expression, "I'm sorry, love. I was just teasing you. I know how to drive, I even have a license."

Jeongguk pouted, "Just fucking drive." He mumbled.

To think they'd be driving to Daegu right now, with a pre-planning of just an hour prior to the current time or maybe after randomly declaring their unnecessary mission without giving it a second thought. Surely, Taehyung had never imagined he'd do something like this.

This was what you call crazy, literally.

Even stealing from the Mart now seemed something normal to him, at least a little normal than what they were doing right now.

"You know this is insane, right?" Taehyung prompted suddenly, the countryside music blasting throughout the car as they drove along the silent highways.