(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Weekends.

A thing that existed.

To anyone who has free weekends, such concepts begin the second the largest chore of the day was completed.

In Peter's case, this was school.

Most of the rest of the day was spent feeling bad, about both the dream and how he'd treated his friends, so his spirits weren't the highest when he got home. When he did get home, he plugged in his dead phone and made his way into the main room for the floor.

"afternoon', Peter" Stephen greeted, the smell of the room in his direction giving Peter an idea he just got out of the shower.

He didn't know if the smell was just really strong, or if his senses were on a high, but he got his answer when he pulled out his ear buds, squinting his eyes at the blaring noises around him.

"Hi Stephen—uh.. sir" Peter waved, shoving the ear buds in his pocket as he winced throughout the ear-adaption process.

Stephen slung his hoodie over his shoulder, making his way over to Peter. He didn't think it was a good idea to address Peter's name-calling quite yet.

Peter had to take a moment just to focus on the sounds around him so he could later block it out, hoping it'd happen soon.

Stephen's footsteps were currently the loudest, as he could hear the shifting of weight in each step, and even the removal of all of the parts of the foot as they separately lifted from the floor.

The air conditioner was buzzing, and he could hear mumbling from the floors above and below. He overcame a wave of dizziness at the new information, breathing out.

Stephen's stabilizing hand helped lead Peter to the couch. Peter breathed a 'thank you', appreciating the babying that contrasted his previous life's normality.

"Is it happening again?" Stephen asked quietly, just in case.

"Yeah" he didn't bother moving his head, as it usually just made it worse.

"Friday, turn on Peter's quiet time" he asked up to the ceiling, still not above a whisper.

Peter, just 4-5 weeks ago, would've killed to have quiet times like this when he needed. Maybe not literally, but it was such a nice feeling for him, he'd certainly be desperate.

Obviously there were still noises he could hear, like Stephen's heartbeat and how his lungs inhaled and exhaled, almost like standing next to a horse. He wasn't calling Stephen a horse, just the way he breathed.

"How're you feeling, Peter?" Stephen asked, dragging Peter's head into his chest softly so he could lay down.

The sound of Stephen's heartbeat got louder, but Peter found it more calming than anything.

"Kinda uh.. hungry? I think?" He said, hoping food was the current cause of his foul mood, "all we had for lunch was popcorn chicken".

Stephen nodded, summoning a little portal and sticking his hand through it. Peter, despite seeing it practically on the daily, was mesmerized by it. Something about the golden flakes just scratched an itch in his head.

Peter watched as he grabbed out a frozen burrito, shutting the portal and opening another. He then put it back through the portal, and Peter heard beeping, followed by the portal closing again.

He snorted.

"What's so funny?" He asked, feeling the snort directly from the source, "Never seen a dimensional protector use his all-powerful power to make microwave meals?" Stephen defended himself jokingly, smiling down at Peter.