Chapter 1|The Reason

Bai Cao was standing over the bridge guardrail.

"No more of you, Bai Cao." She jumped off the bridge as she said that.

She was looking at the sky with tears in her eyes while falling.

A couple of hours ago.

Bai Cao was sleeping on her bed peacefully when suddenly, her phone started ringing. She opened her eyes to see who the caller is.

"An unknown number! At this time! Seriously!" She said in an irritated tone and puts the phone back on the nightstand while saying, "I am not going to take this call. Sorry whoever it is."

The phone kept on ringing a couple of times. Bai Cao was tired of hearing her phone ringing. She got up and answered the call, but she was still sleepy.

"Hello! Who is this?" She said in a sleepy tone.

"Hi, Bai Cao! Come out in the garden or else I will kill your beloved Senior Ting Hao." A woman said on the phone.

Bai Cao's eyes went wide and her sleep vanished as she heard that.

"Who are you?" Bai Cao asked. Her fear and concern... the fear of losing Ting Hao and the concern for Ting Hao's safety was clearly visible in her voice.

"It doesn't matter right now, Bai Cao. Come out to save your Senior Ting Hao" said the woman.

"Okay, I am coming. Please don't do anything to him. Please don't harm him," said Bai Cao in a concerned tone.

"It depends on your arrival," said the woman.

"I am coming," Bai Cao said and hangs up the call. She ran outside and in no time, she reached outside in the garden.

As she reached there, she started shouting "Senior Ting Hao!"

"There is no use of yelling, Bai Cao." said the woman.

Bai Cao turned her face towards the woman. That woman was wearing a hoodie that's why her face was not visible.

"Where is Senior Ting Hao?" asked Bai Cao.

"He is where he has to be." said the woman.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he is in his room sleeping peacefully."

"What! Then why did you... wait... who are you? "

The woman smirked after hearing that and turned her face towards Bai Cao while removing the hood from her head. Bai Cao was shocked to see the person's face.

"What are you doing here, Yin Xiu, and how did you get to know that we are here?" asked Bai Cao.

"It doesn't matter how I got to know that you all are here. Don't you want to know why did I call you here?" Yin Xiu asked.

"No. You are not so important that I will waste my time hearing you," said Bai Cao and walked towards the door to the farmhouse.

She was about to enter the house but before she could, Yin Xiu stopped her by saying "Not even for the love of your life... your Senior Ting Hao?" said Yin Xiu.

Bai Cao turned back at Yin Xiu with astonishment and Yin Xiu smiled looking at her face.

She went towards her and said, "Why are you so shocked, Bai Cao? I know you love drillmaster. I knew it since you all went to Leavenworth. You know, there is nothing similar between both of us except one thing... love for Ting Hao. Because you confessed your love for him, I understood that I love him. So, thank you, Bai Cao, for making me understand my feelings for him."