Chapter 20|Bound With Love

A sigh escaped Ting Hao's lips as he closed his eyes and stretched his arms as if he is waiting for someone to come hug him. His mind was made up to jump as he stood at the edge of the building. At that moment, he was ready to take his own life.

As long as dying means being with you, Bai Cao... as long as dying means walking with you, then I am more than happy to die. The fact that I am with you in this body or as a spirit does not matter to me. I just want to be with you.

Ting Hao was about to jump but that's when he heard, "Ting Hao!!!"

He turned back to see who it was, and that person was no one else but Chang An.

"Ting Hao, what on earth are you doing?!" exclaimed Chang An.

"Chang An, please let me die. I have no reason to live. So, go from here. I don't want to live anymore," said Ting Hao and turned his back on Chang An.

"Do you think being with Bai Cao is enough to make you want to live?"

"I want to die so that I can be with Bai Cao... so that I can be with Bai Cao in that paradise... in that afterworld."

"How will you be there with Bai Cao when she is still alive?"

As soon as he heard that, Ting Hao's movements were halted for a second. A tear rolled down his eyes and he turned back towards Chang An and said, "My Bai Cao is alive?"

"Yes, Ting Hao, your Bai Cao is alive. She is just unconscious at this moment."

Ting Hao was extremely happy upon hearing that. He was about to get down off the wall but before he could, he slipped.

He was about to fall but Chang An held his hand at the right moment.

"Wow, Chang An. You held my hand at the right time," said Ting Hao.

"Ting Hao, I didn't know that you were stupid too," said Chang An.

"Chang An, I know that you held my hand at the right time, but I don't think it's the right time for you to scold me."

"I guess you are right," said Chang An and started pulling Ting Hao up.

After a couple of minutes, Chang An successfully pulled Ting Hao up.

Both of them sat on the ground and Chang An was breathing heavily.

"Ting Hao, I think you should lose some weight. You are too heavy," said Chang An as he tried to catch his breath

"I know I am heavy, but I am sure that I am not as heavy as Ting Yi is," said Ting Hao.

Both of them turned their faces toward each other and gave each other a serious glare for a few seconds.

Then suddenly, both of them started laughing.

"You know what will happen to you when Ting Yi gets to know about what you said, right?" said Chang An.

"I sure do," said Ting Hao.

They both kept laughing but their eyes were filled with tears.

In a sense, it felt as if they were laughing because they didn't want to show each other their tears.

Chang An got up and went near Ting Hao.

"Get up. We should go now," said Chang An as he stretched his hand toward Ting Hao.

Ting Hao held Chang An's hand and tried to stand up but fell to the ground and burst into tears. Tears were streaming down his cheeks uncontrollably.

When Chang An saw Ting Hao like that, a tear rolled down his cheeks which he had been trying to stop from falling.