Chapter 4: reluctance

-John-

As they walked into the back yard I couldn't help but feel some tension of some sort but I couldn't tell why. The girls were way to quiet, something was up.

"So is everything ok?" I asked, finally, after minuets of awkwardly standing there.

They nodded there heads yes in reply but I couldn't help notice they still seemed off.

"Alright, let's get started with some drills. Why don't we work on bows and arrows? They are very useful and we need to know who is the best so we know who has to have one and can't afford to loose it. "

"Sounds good" said Ally

"Yeah, let's get started" Jessie added

When we finished with that I decided Paige was the best with the bow and arrow. I then moved on to swords.

"We all know Ally is going to get this one." Said Jessie

"Why's that?" Ally said mockingly

"Because your the best." Paige said promptly

"We don't know for sure lets just practice." I said

But we all knew it was true. It was just like we knew Jessie was deadly with some throwing knifes and Paige with her bow. With as smart as they were and with there survival skills, I knew we would be fine in the nightgarden.

Once it was decided that Ally ruled the swords section we moved on to throwing knifes and knifes in general. Jessie was of course the clear winner there. Now all that was left was getting everything packed and leaving tonight.

-Ally-

"We are going into the nightgarden tonight, we have to be packed." Jessie was repeating herself again. A nervous habit of hers. Me and Paige tune her out for the most part we just listen when she says something new. She can not repeat herself with some self control but right now she doesn't care she has been saving most of her self control for the garden itself.

"Ladies! It's time for dinner!" I heard my mom yell.

"Good I'm starving" Paige said as we all went down stairs while Jessie gathered herself for dinner.

"What's for dinner mommy?" My little sister Susan questioned.

I hated leaving her like I was but I had to find Morgan. Dinner was good, but I could hardly swallow knowing I may not see my family again. I hugged my little sister good night and held on to her a little longer and tighter than normal until she said

"Let go Ally it's only bed time."

I laughed wishing she was right and it was just another random night. Once I was in my room with Paige and Jessie I had my game face on as we finished packing.