Chapter 1- Holding out for a Hero

"I wanted to tell you all my secrets, but you became one of them instead"-Twitter

____

"I would pay you hundred bucks dude.. just introduce me to your chicks, I know you have plenty. Remember sharing is caring." He said with a wink.

If Stanly wasn't my coworker I would have probably said he's an ass.

I glare at him, "Do you mind keeping your voice down?

"Oh come on. I've seen you leaving with different women. You know I am perfectly fine with your used woman." He punches my shoulder and laughs.

I give a fake smile. We're not buddies bro.

"Aren't you going home yet?" My eyes darted to our boss walking towards us.

"Ah yes sir, I'm just having a small chit chat with Noah here." He puts his arms around me like we're close. Like I said, never asshole. " I'll see you at the ground floor, Noah" he says, waving a hand at me then leaves.

After three hours of torture of talking with asshole, I am finally free and I can go pick up my sister.

Or maybe not... "Got a minute Noah?" My boss announces in a low tone that causes everybody to stare at me.

I dropped my bag on the table and followed his steps. It's a bit dramatic whenever you get called here in the office. It's like a teacher puts you in detention and the class suddenly silences.

Once I enter his room, I carefully close his door. I don't want to repeat the stupid mistake, where I didnt know that his stupid door was under repair that made a very loud disturbing sound that the people thought I was throwing tantrums here.

"Yes sir?" I said politely while standing with a good posture.

"Sit Noah." He pointed at the chair that looked like someone vomited.

"The team has debated to put you as an escort to Austin."

"Excuse me?"

"The parents contacted our office, they wanted to make sure their child is safe. It's a miracle that they chose us, you know? It's a pretty good money they offer so we took it."

Uh huh. "Are we allowed to do that?"

"To what? You're just going to protect this boy. His parents think that there are people who want to hurt him."

"Oh okay... where's his file?"

"You don't need one. You don't need to know anything about him because your job is just to protect him, without him knowing."

"So like undercover?"

"That's what I've been trying to say. It will start tomorrow, be at the Greenland University at 8 am sharp, find your own information about him, if necessary." I nod at him. "Anyway that's all. Leave." He says sternly.

As soon as my foot steps out of the door I immediately grab my cell phone. Tons of horrible messages from my terrifying sister flashes on the screen.

7:09
Shitface: Dude where are you at? You better not be late or else you'll be sorry.

7:11
Shitface: If your not here by 15 I am going to tell Anna you fucked her friend.

7:16
Shitface: Seriously, where the hell are you?!!

7:17
Shitface: Bitch I've been standing here for 20 minutes people are staring at me.

7:19
Shitface: haha very funny. I know you're already here. Where the fuck you at?