Chapter 5- This is not a home

"I wonder if it's possible to have a love affair that lasts forever." ~Andy Warhol

Calculus.

It's bullshit.

I am not studying here anymore. But I couldn't leave this classroom.

The teacher who is above 60 years old doesn't recognize me. He still handed me the quiz I hated so much.

I'm not a student and I doubt they'll check it. But since I cannot leave this hell. I'll answer it anyway.

I just need to observe Austin. Watch him, make sure he stays safe.

I picked up my pen and wrote Hannah's name in the blank line.

I know she's failing. I just want to help her, and I don't know if this is right, but this is the only way I can think of without her knowing.

The scores immediately return and see Hannah Jade D. Montgomery on top 1.

Take that Calculus. I said pointing a finger at the screen.

Thank God no one saw that. The day passed and I haven't seen any of Hannah's appearance.

I called her cell and it went too busy.

I arrived at her apartment in ten minutes. I head for the door knob, and to my shock. It is open.

Why would she leave with her door open?

When I swing the door, my eyes dart to every corner of the apartment.

God Hannah. What did you do?
What are you hiding from me?
Who really are you?

I asked myself while staring at the load of cash scattered everywhere.

Suddenly my phone notifies me with a message.

Shitface: Mom wants you home now. P.S.

I walk out carefully, trying not to leave any trace of me being here.

~
"How many times do you smoke a day?"

"Probably 5-7 times. Depends on how shitty my day or life is..." she says, blowing the cigarette butt.

I took the cigarette from her mouth then threw it on the floor. I step on it using the heels off my shoes.

"My uncle died a year ago, he died due to lung cancer. He started to smoke when he was 15, he loved it so much it became a drug to him." I paused, then looked at her, "I'm telling you this because I want you to live longer."

"I thought you said... no one has a right to judge whether they should live or not."

My eyebrow curls, "It's different. You shouldn't waste your life by smoking."

"What's your next class?" I ask.

"Biology."

She grabs her bag and takes a box of cigarettes out.

My mouth twitched as I watched her throw the box in the trash.

She dropped her bag on the floor and I saw something I wasn't expecting.

"You brought a knife to school?"

She glances at me then her bag, "my car broke, now I walk back and forth to school and home.

"Then ride with me." I said in a heartbeat.

She blinks abruptly, "You're okay with that?"

"Of Course I would be. And you know what, you should come to my house. My family will love you, especially my annoying sister."