Chapter 12- Afterglow

"Grief is the price we pay for love" -Queen Elizabeth II

There was no headlight, car or even a police car that stopped me.

I'm not certain which direction I am going, but I know I shouldn't just stay, and let things just go their own way.

It's just her in my head, my heart and everything else. I grabbed my laptop and placed it in the chair and clicked the oldest message from her.

Instead of finding messages from Rebecca, I found Hannah.

Message 11:42
"My dad died right after I was born. My aunt told me it caused mom depression, she wouldn't want to hold or see me. And it lasted longer than I can remember."

Message 11:43
"I didn't know that she had a new family till I turned 15. I was very devastated to know how much she loves and cares for her children and it does not include me.

Message 11:44
"Then my aunt died. The only person that made me feel like I existed. I called my grandma and she immediately took me to their home."

Message 11:45
"Everything was fine, but then right after the first day of school, I crashed a car. God knows I didn't mean to, no one wants to."

Message 11:46
"I got scared. I didn't know what to do. So I left, and walked home... Later that night, I went home freezing to death then I found my grandpa  unconscious and bloody on the floor."

Message 11:47
"We rushed him to the hospital.. but he didn't make it. I saw my grandma trying not to point his death on me. Until she couldn't bear it anymore"

Message 11:48
"All her savings were gone, but she managed to give me money for transport. To find a new home."

Message 11:49
"I went back to school, and found out that it was your sister and her boyfriend's car I hit. I realize they aren't furious with me but with my grandfather. Because it was named after him."

Message 11:50
"And everything else became a blur, yes I'll admit. I wanted to hurt her and her boyfriend because that was the only thing that could give me a piece of my mind. But then you came and changed everything."

Message: 11:51
"I offered everything I could, including my body so I can have money. Because without it, you are nothing. And justice will never be served. Up until now I don't get why they hurt my grandfather. I get that I broke a car and I have to pay for it but they.. they ended a person's life..."

Message 11:51
"Regardless if she is your sister or not. I know I couldn't hurt someone. But I did... Everything will never be fine and now I can call it a life. I should've left before you love me"

Message 11:52
"Don't come, don't call or be any hero in my shitty life anymore. My real hero died years ago."

Oh God.
What have I done.

Suddenly a notification pops up.
Rebecca: Come back to me, when you are ready. But if you realize I'm not the one, you love and want. That's alright. At least we tried.

Tears fell in my cheeks as I stepped on the gas harder.

I hurt two women I love. I let them both down.

---

There's a knock at the door. And I don't waste any second to open it. A part of me.. no, the whole part of me wishes it would be Hannah, if not, then no one.

I stood up and looked around and realized there were no doors, and the knocking was all in my head.

"Bring the stretcher now!"I hear someone yell.

Clanging metals and beeping sounds were in my ears

I blink and blink until my eyes can see a clearer vision.

And I see her.

Before, I said to myself that even in the darkness I know it's her.

Now, even in the brightest light, I know it's her.