Chapter 2

"Wow! Zayn was right that class was so boring!!!" I told Becca.

"I know right, and it is the first period of the day, everyday," Becca replied.

Becca and I started to walk out of the classroom, when we got to the door though someone was blocking our way... 'death stare' girl.

"Excuse me," I said stepping to the side trying to pass by the girl. She just stepped right in front of me again.

"I don't think I properly introduced myself, and since I'm the most popular girl in school it's my job to know everyone," the girl said. "Even the dorks," the girl flashed her eyes at Becca to state that she was talking about her. "Anyway, I'm Andrea. And I'm pretty sure I saw you flirting with my boyfriend..."

"EX-boyfriend, Andrea," Becca interrupted.

Andrea seemed to growl at this, "BOYFRIEND!!! We are still together we are just having a little problem, thank you very much."

I was totally lost. "I'm sorry, who?"

Andrea rolled her eyes at me, almost as if to say 'isn't it obvious'. "Zayn," she said.

Oh I finally caught on. "I wasn't..."

Andrea cut me off, "Yes, you were. And bottom line he is MINE so back off." She shot me a blindingly white fake smile, flipped her hair and walked away, followed by two other girls.

"Um" is the only thing I can say, after looking at the three girls disappear into the crowd, I look back at Becca to clear things up for me.

Becca sighs. "Come on," she says and walks out the classroom and I followed her. Before she starts the 'Andrea and Zayn story' she asks, "What is your locker number?"

"297" I answer.

"Cool, mine is 296. It's right next to mine. Come on I'll show you."

I nod in agreement, even though I already knew where it was since I came last Saturday to drop my junk off, so I didn't have to much to hold today.

On our way to the lockers Becca starts the story about Andrea and Zayn. She sighs, "Okay, Andrea and Zayn met last spring at this dance the school was hosting. They were talking all night and at the end of the dance they exchanged numbers and they would text each other ALL the time. And then early this year they started to go out and they were together for about 4 1/2 months until Andrea caught Zayn locking lips with her cheer enemy, Savannah. Andrea is the cheer captain of our school and Savannah is the cheer captain of Eastville High School; the girls competed against each other for years, even back in elementary school, one year Andrea would win the next year Savannah would win and the girls HATED each other. Andrea was so mad that she stormed up to Zayn and Savannah, who were kissing, and slapped Savannah across the face and slapped Zayn and kneed him where the sun doesn't shine. Somebody caught the fight on video and posted it on YouTube, Andrea stormed away with tears running down her face, Zayn was on the floor holding his...well you know and Savannah was knelt beside him, holding her face but she was smiling because she knew she finally broke her archenemy's heart."

I stare at Becca in silence for a moment before I realize my mouth is opened and I close it. I ᗯᗩᔕ ᖴᒪIᖇTIᑎG ᗯITᕼ ᗩ ᑭᒪᗩYEᖇ!!!!!

No, no no NO!!! Zayn is so nice, but yet again I hardly know the guy. Oh gosh, know I feel bad for flirting with him in front of Andrea after what he did to her.

"Wait," I said just realizing something. "Andrea said that her and Zayn were still together. I kinda thought that after what Zayn did to her she would never want to talk to him, let alone date him again."

"Yea, you would think that and so did everyone else. And that is what she did at first, but then she broke down and she wanted him back. Although she hasn't said it personally in those words, I think you can tell from what she said a few minutes ago that it is true."

I nodded, we got to our lockers and put our math away and got out our English books for Ms. Coater's English class. We got our books and headed to class. I was trying to pay attention to how to get to English class, but all I could think about was what Becca just told me. We got to the classroom and I couldn't remember how to get there because my mind was somewhere else. I am definitely going to have Becca tell me where to go again.

I shake my head to get out of my shocked state. We walked into the classroom, half the kids were already in there but we weren't late. Ms. Coater's was already in the room, she was a skinny, young and tall. She had a curly bush of hair pulled up in a top knot and she had a gentle looking face. She was really pretty.

She looked at me and smiled, "Hi, you must be Claire. I am Ms. Coater's your English teacher. It is really nice to meet you."

I smiled back at her, "You too."

"Ok," she said. "Unfortunately for the students, we have assigned seats. so since I knew you were coming we saved you a seat. Your seat is in the middle of the classroom, next to Ryan and Velma. Ryan, Velma, raise your hands. Velma! Stop kissing Daniel and raise your hand!!!"
A girl with blonde hair stopped kissing a boy with brown shaggy hair, she rolled her eyes and rose her hand. So did the guy two seats away from her, Ryan I'm guessing. He had brown hair, breath-taking brown eyes, and the smile on his face was...well also breath-taking.

"Thanks," I replied and I took my seat, I looked around and I saw Becca talking and laughing with some boy that was obviously flirting with her. Huh, I would have to ask her about him later.

"Hey," I jumped at the sudden noise and I turned to see who the voice belonged to. I saw 'Ryan' chuckling at my reaction. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

I smiled, "Its fine. I guess I'm just a little nervous to be here, at a new school and all."

"Oh, I get it, being the new kid and all. My dad has to travel a lot for his job and we just pack our bags and move every other year. But he promised me that I could stay in one school for high school, no matter what," Ryan said.

"What about if he has to move again? What will you do then?" I asked my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Well, my parents have these really close friends who live here and they volunteered to take me into there home until I graduate. If my parents have to move again."

"Wow, that's really nice of them."

I am surprised that another family would take in a teenage boy~I mean no offense to them but they can be pretty wild if they want to be. But of course, Ryan may not be like normal teenage boys, I don't know the guy. But he seems nice, I would love to talk to him more and get to know him.

"Do they have any kids?" I asked, because well you know I just love butting my nose in other people's business.

His smile disappeared immediately and he scratched the back of his neck, indicating that he was uncomfortable. I wonder what I said, I was about to tell him he didn't have to answer the question if he didn't want to, when he started to talk.

He looked down. "Yeah, they do actually." I gave him a confused face, he looked up and saw my confusion so he started to explain. "They have one kid, and she is the true devil. Her name is Andrea."

My jaw dropped. Andrea? The terribly mean(as far as I can tell) Andrea? If she is as mean as she was to me on a regular basis then I rather move if I were Ryan.

"Terribly mean, as far as I can tell, Andrea?" I asked.

"So you meet the little devil, huh?" He said smirking.

"Only a couple of minutes ago, I did. And she hates me and I don't even know what I did," I lied, I know exactly what I did but I wasn't about to admit it.

"That's Andrea, for you. She's probably just jealous of you." He said casually.

"Jealous? Why?"

"Because you're beautiful."

<~<~<~<~<~<~
Sorry it took so long guys. I am really busy with school but I will get better, I promise.❤️

LIKE

COMMENT

VOTE

Thanks guys🌹