Chapter 8: Proceeding

After the bacta treatment, I went to my room. ''Lira'' someone said. It was Hardcase, sitting on his bed. I looked at him with a questionable face. ''I've heard things about you'' Hardcase said. ''What have you heard?'' I ask. ''You're dangerous'' Hardcase said. I rolled my eyes and said ''I know." I didn't know what else to say to him. I was aware that I'm dangerous. I couldn't denied even if I wanted too.

Suddenly Hardcase laughed. ''I was just kidding, why so serious?'' he said with a smile. "It's true. I am dangerous. Can't say that I'm not'' I replied while I shrugged my shoulders. ''It is if you believe it is'' Hardcase said. I went quiet for a bit. I looked at him, trying to figure out what he meant. ''You're really powerful, Lira. With that power the clones would love to work with you. Show them what you can do. I don't think you're dangerous at all. You're only dangerous, because you think so. And because of that, everyone would think that too'' Hardcase added. ''Thanks, Hardcase. But the jedi don't think that way'' I said. "Then show them different'' Hardcase said. I nodded and smile at him. ''I will'' I replied. Hardcase smiled back at me.

I packed up all my stuff and went to the training platform where The Bad Batch had their final exam. Nala Se was evaluating them The Bad Batch, together with a bounty hunter and Shaak Ti.

Their final exam was a stealth mission. They must infiltrate the ''facility'' without getting noticed by the droids. Crosshair stood on one of towers, trying to silently snipe all the droids and making room for his brothers. They must catch the flag to finish the assignment. They had to be quick and fast. No droid must warn the other, else they wouldn't pass. That's why Tech, was trying to infiltrate their motherboard and rewriting their system. Then Hunter, tried to blast the remaining droids that stood in their way and used the obstacles as his advantage. And Wrecker, Wrecker tried to push every droid out of his way. They were perfect. They matched each other very well.

After they defeated all the droids, they got back together and captured the flag. They were cheering. They passed their final exam. They would now graduate and be send to the war.

Shaak Ti, Nala Se and the bounty hunter looked very proud at the commando's they had trained. ''Attention, please'' Shaak Ti said. The bad batch went quiet and stood straight. ''Hunter, Tech, Wrecker and Crosshair. With great honor and proud, I now announce you real commando troopers. You're ready to graduate. Well done, gentlemen'' She said. Nala Se took a step forward. ''I'm very proud of you all to finally call you ''Clone Force 99''. The clone squad with the desirable mutations that would shock the separatists. We expect great things of you'' Nale Se said. The Bad Batch, now also known as Clone Force 99, stood surprised. Honored by the name they were gifted.

''You will be in honor of the memory of Clone 99. Don't let us be disappointed. From now on, you'll serve the Republic and fight side by side in the battles against the Separatists with your brothers. The Republic couldn't have asked for better soldiers. Make us proud!'' The bounty hunter said. ''And may the force be with you'' Shaak Ti added. ''Thank you, sir'' Hunter replied.

They all saluted. The Bad Batch noticed me. They smiled at me. I smiled back with great proud of the men they had become. A tear fell from my face. They looked so happy.

I then made my way to the room under the training facility. I heard laughter from the clones, who've just passed all their exams. I opened the door and saw 4 happy clone commando's. ''I'm proud of us, boys. I'm glad to call you my brothers'' Hunter said to his squad. ''Please, I'm getting emotional'' Wrecked said, while shoving a tear away. ''Don't be pathetic, Wrecker'' Crosshair replied. Wrecker then grabbed Crosshair and hugged him. ''Admit it, you couldn't live without us. You love us'' Wrecker said while hugging him. You could see at Crosshair his face that he didn't liked it, but accepted it though. ''Technically, we all wouldn't pass without one another. Alone, we would be dead, possibly'' Tech said. The Bad Batch chuckled.

''well done'' I said. ''I'm very proud of you. You'll make excellent soldiers.'' ''Thank you, Lira'' Hunter said gladly. The rest of Clone force 99 smiled. Hunter's smile then faded away when he saw my suitcase. 'You leaving?'' Hunter asked me. ''Yes, I am actually. I've been sent to Coruscant by the Jedi for educational purposes'' I replied. ''Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great'' He said. ''You too'' I replied.

I then took a step back and wanted to walk away, but then I heard my name. ''visit us some time, will you?'' Hunter said while looking for at his squad. ''I will, thank you. For everything'' I replied. Then The Bad Batch suddenly saluted me. I saluted them back.

I nodded at them and then walked away.

I was ready to start my new life, forget my past and move forward.

''This is a new day, a new beginning''~ Ahsoka Tano