1-

Since I can remember, I have loved music. Music is one thing in the whole world that makes me feel alive, that makes me feel free, that makes me feel like myself.

Losing myself to the music is bliss. Music never leaves, it never betrays. It is the one thing, the only one thing that is permanent. It won’t ever leave me and that is why it has always been a part of me.

But it isn’t just a part of me; music is me. It always has been and it always will be.

Whatever I do in my life, wherever I go, I find the music following me. It’s my shadow, it’s my friend.

And I love it.

The piano has always stayed by my side through everything. It helped me tell my story. It listened to me.

I told to the piano my story and it listened. Every time I needed a friend, the piano was there; the music was there. Every time I needed a shoulder, the piano was there. It never left me, when the world did. It never betrayed me like the world did.

The piano never left my side even for a second. I told to it my secrets and it listened. I told to it my fears and it listened. I told to it everything and it listened.

Each time the world left me alone, I found myself going to the piano, asking it for help, telling it my story, seeking solace in its comforting, sweet melody.

I always felt content with the piano and it always made me feel free and at peace. It always healed me.

For so long, the music and the piano had been my only friends, my only lifelines. I clung on to these two for dear life since I can remember. I have taken solace in my music. It has heard me and it has healed me.

But one day, you came into my life and that changed everything.

You filled my blue and grey world with color. And that was all I needed to be happy.

You.