Chapter 22

A/n- So this chapter will be when they're in the village and I don't know if this or the next one will be the last chapter so I guess you just gotta bear with me. I will also add an extra chapter letting you guys pick what book I should work on next. But it will be httyd edition, so don't think you'll get a whole sneak peek of all my work in progress.

--------

The closer we got to an island the brighter the colors got and the stronger their scents got. Toothless and I landed in the forest part up a little bit on the mountains, where it overlooked the small village. I heard their voices echoing slightly and I quickly trotted towards them. I sat down behind them, Toothless now becoming slightly angry that we found them and at a human village too. Once they slowly started turning around I bared my teeth while Toothless and I did a small growl at them. This seemed to echo through the village causing people to pause and for snow to fall off of the houses but then they went back to their day like nothing even happened. 

"Why did you guys come here? Why didn't you guys tell us! We can't protect you guys if just wander off without telling anyone. We have the whole dragon clan freaking out because you guys up and left." I spoke with anger hanging over every word but I made sure to control myself to not get fully upset with them. They are my babies after all. They pointed at each other trying to blame each other yet since none of us did anything to stop or tell us, they're all equally to blame. "I don't wanna hear it!" Toothless roared softly at them but then continued "you guys left without telling us. If we didn't find you, the humans could have hurt you guys or captured you. We could have lost you." Before he could say anymore this painful noise interrupted the air.

We all turned out attention to a little stage-like platform. I was scanning over the crowd as Toothless noticed Hiccup and Astrid, immediately wanting to go up to them but I held him back because of the crowd. I walked back into the forest, planning on hunting for a bit because I figured we were gonna be here for a while. The further I walked, the quieter the voices became. I eventually saw a cliffside and before anyone had the chance to look around, I dove straight down and splashed into the water. It was a small splash though and with the noise, it was hardly noticeable.

The moment dusk became to settle I went back to the little cliffside and regurgitated the fish I had caught, since I already had my meal I just sat back while our kids and Toothless ate. Toothless was looking a little distant and nervous so I nudged him with my wing and he sighed before finishing his dinner. "I may have met one of the kids up close. She did what Hiccup did and I pressed my snout to her hand. She looked so happy and in love, I just couldn't help myself." He lowered his head and all I did was smack his foot and he winced slightly. "Toothy, I'm a little upset that you did that, but knowing you. You did it as sneaky as you could, so I'm hoping nobody else saw you. Plus she's a kid, nobody's gonna believe her if she says a dragon was here. Dragon's have been hidden for over 5 years."

He did a small nod and said in a more neutral tone "yeah you're right dear. Plus there was a little incident with fire on the stage so I blended in with the smoke. Hiccup fell off and I saved him! But he thought it was Gobber so the little girl is the only one that actually kinda saw me." I smiled and rolled my eyes, we both laid down. I pressed my back against him as our kids were playing around in the snow. "Plus I may have left them a little gift from our home," Toothless said quietly hoping I wouldn't have heard. I growled and the kids looked to us immediately knowing the kind of growl I did. 

I get up stretching, even though we only lay down for a few minutes. "Come on kids we have a long flight home." They all groaned but obeyed and we all took to the air in a few seconds, slowly curving around in the sky towards the moon. I heard Hiccup and his family come outside and that gave me an idea for both him and Toothless. But I knew this was gonna take a bit of work to put together by morning..