two

The hardest part, you think, is falling asleep before feeding.

You're still at odds with everything you had to do just to survive, so of course you'll feel a bit queasy when you lay on your bed in preparation. Whether it's that one cute barista or your attractive boss, it doesn't change the fact that you're nervous beyond belief. Navigating a person's dreamscape is just as tricky as it sounds, and if you aren't careful, the slightest mishap can lead to unwanted casualties. Worst case scenario: you might get trapped in the dream until the person you're feeding off of wakes up.

But you can trust your worrisome nature to keep that from happening. The only instance you'd ever get trapped in someone else's dream is if you lose touch with your own existence within it. That's why you tend to limit the degree of pleasure you feel in the dreamscape during your feedings. Orgasms are one of the many things that make people, succubi included, lose their grip on reality, so you make sure not to experience such a thing, no matter how tempting it could be at times. And while there are no explicit rules stating that your kind isn't allowed to indulge in the desires of the flesh – let's face it, you're basically a sex demon – you've always been too afraid to lose yourself in something that isn't even real.

You heave a deep sigh as you pull the covers up to your chest. It feels a bit humid lately, so you opted to wear a loose nightgown – one flimsy enough to hopefully tempt Zhongli in his dreams. In spite of the impeccable decorum he exhibits at work, surely he's still just a man under all those layers of courteousness, right? Humans tend to be more unhinged during your feeding sessions (sans mister timid barista). If the Zhongli that regularly checks up on you at work would exercise more self-restraint, maybe he won't be as gentlemanly once you hijack his dreams.

The plan is set in stone. Fall asleep, make your way into Zhongli's head, have sex with him, and make a run for it. You've outlined the same plan of action during your previous feedings, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Still, a small part of you still feels the bite of guilt for intruding on your boss' peaceful night like this. In what little time he's spent at Wangsheng Corporation, you can already call him the best superior you've ever had, and choosing him as your sacrificial lamb makes it seem as if you have no sense of indebtedness to him. But at the end of the day, you're just a baser creature with needs to tend to or else you can't move forward as a fully functioning member of society.

Surprisingly, you doze off much quicker than usual. This must be from the fatigue you accumulated over the past week. Well, that's what you get for not feeding the moment you started to feel something was off. Either way, you're en-route to your boss' subconscious and you're going to feel much better right after the trip.

The in-between that connects your dream to Zhongli's looks just like everyone else's – a dark, narrow corridor that opens up to a light at the end. You traverse the familiar path with bare feet, not so much in a rush despite how hungry you are. Whether it's your hesitation to use your boss like this holding you back or something else entirely, you're not very sure. But once you finally step into the light, you close your eyes and hold your breath.

When you come to, you find yourself inside a wide cavern – making your face scrunch up in confusion once your mind processes your surroundings. You expected to appear in a bedroom in his apartment, maybe. But as you glance around the barely illuminated cave, you realize that your timing is incredibly off since Zhongli must have been having a weird dream. It's happened once before when the person you were supposed to feed on dreamt of living inside the latest superhero movie he saw. Maybe Zhongli watched a strange documentary before heading to bed. That totally sounds like something he'd do.

You decide to have a closer look, noticing that the only sources of light inside are the stone torches perched on the sides of the cavern. Your curiosity gets the better of you when you attempt to approach the flames. But that plan is immediately thwarted once you accidentally step on something solid underfoot. It breaks underneath your weight – the sound echoing deeper into the cave.