four

This chapter contains NSFW content!

...

In all honesty, you don't put much thought into the exact time of your feedings. You just lay in bed, get into the minds of your targets, and hope both of you fell asleep at the same time. It's no different on your second attempt at harvesting energy from Zhongli.

You don't call him, don't text him. You don't even bother trying to get some inside information about his sleeping habits from Ganyu. So when you attempt to just wing it one more time, you're a little surprised to find yourself transported into the dreamscape – a wave of relief washing over you when you realize you're not inside a cave anymore.

You're seated at the side of a river surrounded by ruins as far as the eye can see. The sound of flowing water fills your ears, a sound you almost find calming. Someone calls a name that doesn't belong to you, but your body responds to it either way when you turn your head around curiously.

Zhongli stands in front of you, carrying a basket of sunsettias. He doesn't look as intimidating as the first time you saw him in his dreams, but he's donned with the same hooded robe, and the same gold-tipped antlers. The cruelty imbued in his gaze in that cavern has long gone – replaced with quiet sincerity that's reminiscent of the one he exudes in the office. You feel your shoulders relax at the sight of him, but...

Something doesn't feel right.

He folds his legs at your side, and when he speaks, you hear nothing but a garbled, faraway noise. But despite not understanding a single word he says, you let out the occasional laugh, sometimes nodding along to Zhongli's words before biting into one of the fruits he foraged. The wind whistles through the reeds in the overrun marsh, and all you can do is admire your companion's autumn vesper eyes as you partake in a conversation only he understands.

But when you suddenly inch closer to him – caressing his face with a hand that isn't your own – that's when you finally realize what was amiss.

"Rex," the woman whose body you hijacked murmurs fondly, the sleeves of her dress billowing in the breeze. "You should give yourself more credit. The faith of the people has always been well-founded."

Zhongli gazes at you (at her) with wide eyes before the look melts into a fit of chuckles. His lips move in response to what the woman said and, still, you don't catch any of it. But when your eyes drift to where his strong arms peeked from the holes of his robe, you're surprised to see his hands shining like molten amber in the waning light. Golden veins can be seen jutting across his forearms, eventually connecting to the odd patterns depicted on his bicep. The longer you stare, the more you question why your boss made himself look so godly in his dreams. As humble as he is, he does look highly of himself after all.

Turns out, you're not the only one who was ogling Zhongli in the most inopportune moment. It seems like the woman you're possessing(?) also treated herself to some eye candy the same time you did, and now you can feel your face heat up with embarrassment when he catches you staring.

You expect him to laugh it off like usual. Your boss gets thrown compliments everyday since he started working at Wangsheng – compliments that never seem to do him enough justice. But he takes them all in stride before resuming the conversation like nothing happened. This Zhongli does none of that.

One of his strange, golden hands seizes your wrist tightly – your bashfulness suddenly morphing into confusion. Zhongli's mouth twitches into something akin to a smile as he presses forward, forcing you to lean back to introduce as much space between you as possible. You can feel his breath fan against your face – cor lapis eyes glowing with desire – and you're too stunned to retaliate. His other hand forces itself against the ground next to your hip, caging you in the heat of his embrace. Zhongli speaks again, and you're starting to feel annoyed with the fact that you can't make sense of what he's even saying. But you can't exactly relish in the feeling much because your body is reaching a fever pitch that's making your spin.

This is what you came here to do, isn't it? Sure, you're not really the person he's seeing right now, but anything to get the deed done, right? All you had to do was suck out the sexual energy emanating from the god of a man that's about to ravish you out in the open. Easy as pie.

His mouth latches onto yours in a way that's almost familiar – which tells you that this isn't the first time that Zhongli and this woman met each other so intimately. You respond in kind, letting your borrowed body take the reins as you feel him nudging apart the lapels of your dress, exposing supple breasts to the humid air. A full shudder runs across your skin when he growls against your lips, one arm curling around your waist before Zhongli possessively pulls you to his chest.

Mine.

You don't hear his voice, but you feel the intent resonate all the way to your core as he practically tears off your clothes. Zhongli rests you atop the grass with little care for possible on-lookers, rolling his hips against yours as he decorates your neck with lovebites. Your fingers rake through his long, dark tresses – imprinting the image in your head for years to come. Your boss Zhongli always ties his hair with a jewel-encrusted band, so this version is definitely one for the books.

I should've done this sooner, you think to yourself – whimpering when you feel the ridge of his cock straining against your middle. Much sooner...

The rest of the details are lost in the muddled haze of your thoughts. You don't remember if Zhongli even prepared you for what's to come – all you know is the feel of his length prodding your slickened entrance. His grip on your body never falters even as the tip of his cock glides teasingly across your slit. You desperately move your hips closer, begging for the friction he's holding over your head like a prize. But then, you meet his deep, amber gaze and for a moment, his eyes seem to soften in the midst of his lustful display.

When he kisses you again, your heart – this woman's heart – comes alive. You can feel how much love she harbors, how she aches for him despite the fact that Zhongli's hands roam around her body with the intent to leave no inch of skin untouched.

I love you. That's the only thought that echoes in your mind when he finally takes you – here, by the riverbank where you were the only two people in the world. These emotions aren't your own, but you feel a surge so intense that you gasp aloud when Zhongli presses himself into you deep enough to make your vision blur. It all feels so real that you don't even notice it when you naturally absorb the energy you're meant to take in the first place.

You're not sure how it's supposed to work in this situation, given that the body you're using isn't even yours. But you practically feel how Zhongli's libido indirectly rejuvenates your spirits. Despite the fact that you're being pounded in the middle of nowhere, you feel more refreshed – mind clearer as opposed to the jumbled mess it's been over the past week. You never actually realize how your hunger can drive you into so much lethargy until you're finally given the clarity of your sated instincts.

"I don't care for the humans like you do."

You startle when you finally hear Zhongli's familiar voice – hoarse with need, but still the same one you've come to admire. His forehead rests against yours as he thrusts his hips relentlessly, with a desperation you can almost see on his face. The woman lets out a sigh before she caresses his face with a gentle hand, thumb gently sweeping across the cut of his cheekbone.

"You will," she murmurs. "You're their god, Rex. Their archon. You might not have any love for them now, but in time, you'll understand."

Her reply seems to irritate him. You watch as those golden eyes flash yellow with rage, but Zhongli is quick to manage the split-second shift in his emotions. Instead of lashing out, he buries his face into your neck, murmuring so softly, you almost didn't catch the words.

"You're the only one I'll truly care for," he says, fingers raking through your hair as he stills – filling you with the white hot rush of his release.

"I hope you know that will never change, Guizhong."