CHAPTER 17

Afternoon, 4:30 pm.

"In case if you forget, we will have a class test, next week. So, I really hope you prepare yourself because this takes about 15% of your in-class grade. It will be easy!" He says and the students, some of them whine while some of them already talking about when to discuss or having a study group after college. However, I am, still in my space, thinking about him and his words last time.

"Hey, do you want to stay with me after college? Atharva has a football practice as usual. You can watch your Anzan Sir." Anii asks and I shakes my head, escaping the wild thoughts or maybe stupid thoughts about whatever I have been thinking lately. Watch Anzan? I look up from my book to look at Anzan but he is already staring at me. Definitely an eye contact but I am just seem not excited as usual. Slowly I shift my view to Anii.

"I'll pass." I said.

Anii pouts and asks me why I don't want to follow her. It's like a routine lately. I simply says that I wants to study for the quiz. That amazed her for some reason but no further questions asked. As soon as the bell rings, I quickly get my bag and walk out of the class.

As I was around the parking lot, I got the message.

Anzan : "Where are you? Are you going back home?"

I peek at the screen of my phone and see the name "Anzan" sending me a text message. I didn't reply. A few seconds past and another notification comes in.

Anzan : "It's been days you are distancing yourself from me. Can we talk?"

Lucky him that the apps can send him an indication of me reading his text but not replying back. Yes. In my head I want to talk with him but my body says the otherwise. Should I talk to him about this? Then maybe asks him about the stuff that made my head hurts as hell. Suddenly just before I even text him back another one comes in.

Anzan : "Please."

I sigh and replied him. Hoping this is the best decision I choose.

Me : "I will be at your place in 15 min. Let's talk."

***

Evening, 5:15 pm.

He walks at me as I am waiting for him about exact 15 minutes. The patience I have is beyond amazing.

"Sorry I'm late. I had to ask for Mahir's help to lead the practice today. Did you wait for me too long?" He talks as his hand swipes and presses some digits before getting in. I gives a nod and he invites me into his place. "Umm.. make yourself at home as usual." I sit down on the couch neatly as he walks to his bedroom, maybe take off some layers of his clothes. He walks back to the living room space with still his working outfit except the sleeves been rolled up to the elbow and few buttons are open which is exposing his collarbone and half of his chest.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asks but I answer no.

"Please sit here so we can talk." and he replies with an ok. He sits in front of me and being silent. "Did you really ditch your football practice for this? Soccer league is like 5 days from now."

"They are trained enough. I think this is much more important for me. I couldn't do things if we are like this." he says. Being honest or just sweet. Don't know.
"Okay. You have all of my time." I said. He sighs and clears his throat one or two times.
"Okay. First of all, I am sorry I lied to you. I don't know why I lied but I am sorry. I am just maybe scared you might get mad or something, in which now you did. Then, I promise you she is nobody anymore to me. She is just my past that seems like she can't forget about me. I like you, I want you. Only you."