Chapter 15

TYGRON

I looked at myself in the mirror, staring into oblivion. Somehow, I forget that I am staring into my reflection, forgetting that a booger is stuck in my nostril, peeking at my face in the mirage. Noticing it as soon as I stopped dissociating, I quickly picked up the hardened mucus.

Why wouldn't it get it off my finger? I tried flicking it, but it still stuck on my pointing finger. With another flick, it then gets transferred onto the nail of my thumb. Losing my temper, I rubbed it under the wood of the bedside table's top and then returned to the mirror.

I noticed how absurd and how fast things are going right now. The last time I was awake, I was trying to keep a person alive then now—apart from the nose picking...

I was now dressing myself as we Cathera were going to the funeral. The most decent outfit I could wear is still my Hunter's coat where I'm straightening its neckband.

I opened her door to check up on her room. She was flattening bulging strings and cloth on the skirt of her dress that draped to the floor. She then saw me.

"Tygron," She said, sounding surprised. I looked at her bed while Klaire was still lying unconscious there. It took some time before Cathera and I could finally take her back home last night. She was so heavy.

"Ready to go?" I said. She suddenly rushed towards and held the door. "You can go first there, I'll go there when Klaire's already awake," She quickly replied as she closed the door in my face. She sounded nervous. I turned around, staring at the floorboards, and wondered if my sister was sane at that moment.

"Fine. Be sure to come on time," I said at the door to her, to which she didn't reply.

I just left the house with nothing more to say. But while I was walking, right outside the door I thought about why Cathera slammed the door right at me. Right! I forgot to ask her.

"The frail flooring and the burnt area behind the door?" I murmured to myself right as I closed the house's door. I just continued towards where the funeral will be held, forgetting what I said.

CATHERA

That was close. Tygron could've caught the burnt area behind the door and might have discovered I have powers. I just sighed looking down as I heard him walk away.

After a minute, I released my hands from the door and walked towards Klaire still lying on the bed. What happened to her last night?

I just sat beside the bed. As I kept on looking at her she slowly opened her eyes, groaning. She then sees me and stares then looks around, sobering up.

"I'm? Where am I?" She asked then tried to sit. I stopped her, sitting on the bed to hold her shoulders and push her down to lay back on the bed. "No. Don't stand just yet. You need to rest. You're here in my room," I said to her calmly and she just laid her head on the pillow of the bed.

"How—how did I get here?" Klaire stammered weakly.

"With us struggling," I said, looking at nowhere and sounding like I was joking.

"I don't know what happened to you last night," I said, standing up and heading towards the bedside table. I placed their food and water just in case she woke up right before I changed my dress. I took it and headed back to her. "Here for you"

"Very thank you," She said and took the water, sitting up. She only took a sip from the water, anyway. She then placed it back on the bedside table.

She then looked at me, sceptical. "Do I deserve this? Why are you helping me?"

I then stood up, leaving the food in the bed, taking off my eyes on her. "Why did you ask?"