XXII

Donghyuck searched for Mark everywhere when the party ended . He needed to talk to him as soon as possible. He needs to make him understand that whatever he is thinking is wrong. He searched through the party hall but couldn't find him. He really got frustrated and scared. The only thing he wanted to was to take the elder in his arms.

The guests have left half an hour ago and Mark was there biding them goodbyes. But now he is not here anymore. He asked the maids but they couldn't say anything too. Maybe he is in our room.
He excused himself from his parents and left for his room hurriedly. But when he opened the door he found no one.

Where are you Mark?

Mark walked to the pond again with three bottles of beer . He knows it's quite late but he is still was hoping to meet Yangyang there. He has unfinished business with him and he wants to finish it right this instant. He can't hold it anymore.

He was quite drunk by now. He was walking with shaky legs but still managed to reach the pond safely. It was really dark but the moon was showing him the path. The night lightened up by the moonlight. It was shining like the stars. The night was nothing like him. He was gloomy now. His mind is blank.

All he could see is darkness where his light , his husband , Hyuck is no more to lightened it up. How desperately he wants to get the light back!

But he can't.

When he saw Yangyang, he went to him and sat down beside him.

"I thought you won't come today" Yangyang said without looking at him. He was also looking at the bright starts in the sky.

"Had a party to attend " Mark said softly and opened a beer bottle.

They sat there in silence for a few minutes before Mark decided to asked something,

"D-do you still love him so much Yangyang?"

Yangyang laughed hearing Mark's question. He looked at him and answered,

"I've never stopped Mark "

When Mark looked at Yangyang's eyes, he could see the it clearly. He could clearly see the adoration in Yangyang's eyes for Hyuck. Mark's smiled nodding his head. He is satisfied. He took a bottle and finished it in one go. Yangyang was quite worried about him.

"Hey slow down. You will get sick." Yangyang said, trying to stop Mark. He almost could picture a Yangyang in Mark. But somehow this Yangyang's pain seemed more painful.

"Nh-uh I am fine" Mark said slurry with a smile . Forced.

"H-he will be so happy with you. He w-will smile." Mark mumbled looking at the bright moon. Yangyang hardly could hear him. He was mumbling to himself.

He was about to ask him to repeat what he said but before he could , someone else called for Mark. And he knows that voice.

Mark and Yangyang both turned around and saw Donghyuck who had a worried expression on his face. Yangyang smiled when he realized that the worry is for his husband, not for him.

Mark let out a chuckle and stood up on his wobbly legs. He smiled widely at Hyuck and called for him,

"Hyuckie "

Hyuck hurriedly came to him and saw how wasted he was. He was close to faint. He was about to fall on the ground but Donghyuck and Yangyang both reached for him. But something snapped in Hyuck when he saw YaYangyang reaching out for his husband.

"Don't touch him" Hyuck told Yangyang sternly and grabbed his husband himself . When he looked at Yangyang, there was anger in his eyes.

Yangyang wasn't surprised. People change so fast. He smiled when he saw Donghyuck looking back at Mark with worried eyes. He could see something else in those eyes too. Something so strong. Something he has never seen in Hyuck's eyes before , even for him. He wished he didn't see that though. It only pained him more.

Donghyuck removed Mark's bangs from his eyes and whispered,

"Why did you drink so much?? Why are you torturing me like this??"

He held Mark in his arms and placed a kiss on Mark's forehead but the other man was too drunk to notice all of this. Hyuck put Mark's arm on his shoulder and put his own arm around Mark's waist. Before he could walk away , Yangyang proposed to help him.

"I can help you"

"No thanks . I can manage it" Donghyuck said rudely and started to walk back home.

When they reached home, all the walking made Mark pretty much sober. He wasn't wobbly anymore and could walk just fine. But he was just too quiet.

"Oh Hyuck you found Mark. Go to your and take rest then. It was a tiring day" Hyuck's dad said, oblivious to everything.

He nodded his head and then walked to their room with Mark. When they reached the room, he finally asked,

"Why did you leave without telling me Mark? I told you last time not to do it. You did it again?? Why don't you listen to me?? I told you at least tell me before going somewhere." He said raising his voice.

Mark chuckled dryly and said,

"Like you tell me everything "

He couldn't say anything back when he heard that. He stood there looking at Mark's wasted state . He doesn't know what to say. He planned to talk to Mark but now he doesn't know exactly what to say. After a long pause, Mark said again ,

"Why didn't you tell me Hyuckie?"

"M-Mark listen to me... i-it doesn't matter anymore " He said sternly.

"Oh it does. It matters . It matters a lot" Mark said looking at him. His heart clenched when he saw Mark's red eyes. He was feeling helpless. He was blaming himself for it.

"Do you know what your dad told me when my parents died? He told me that my parents aren't gone. They are here. They are watching over me from the sky. He told me not to cry and be happy and make them proud of me. I really worked hard. Because I used to believe that they are watching over me. I needed to make them proud and happy. When I became a successful businessman, I was so happy that I could make my parents proud. But you know what Hyuckie, there was always a incomplete feeling I had. No matter how hard I try, I still couldn't see the happiness on their face. I couldn't see them proud of me. All I could do was imagine. That's why when you came in my life , I swore to myself that I will make you happy and see that smile on your face. I will make you proud. You will be proud that I am your husband. But dumb me didn't know that I am the cause of your unhappiness." Mark said and laughed dryly.

On the other side, Donghyuck couldn't believe what he was hearing. His blood ran cold.

"I am so dumb. So dumb. I failed you Hyuckie. I failed you and failed myself. I failed everyone. " Mark mumbled those last words and laid on the bed.

He couldn't take the exhaustion in his body and in his heart anymore. He passed out on the bed. Donghyuck's heart felt so heavy in his chest. It was making it hard to breath. He slowly walked to Mark and sat beside him. He removed his coat, shirt and shoes and covered him with the blanket. He touched his hair with shaky hand and caressed them.

"S-sleep well Mark. I am right here. "

He said with shaky voice and placed a long kiss on Mark's forehead.