3•'OUR WHITE WEDDING'

HER FIANCÉ IS MISSING

"There's a variety of colours to pick from either a shade of white or the lilac purple for the background colour also the base colours and decor ratios haven't been picked yet ma'am." The event planner said to the over hyped bride as she looked through the still blank colour combo list she gave Isabel the week before.

"I already did." Isabel said not taking her eyes off her phone. Her groom, Toby was yet to call her, a very weird thing to happen on a normal day, talk less of two days to the big event.

"But it's all blank lady Isabel." Tanya was beginning to get frustrated with each growing second.

She had dealt with different brides and their grooms and they could be very much dramatic but she had never come across a single person with so much demand.

'who plans their wedding alone?'

Neither had she ever had to deal with a bride without bridesmaids or a single friend,just because her husband-to-be told her he was gonna be there for her.

'why fall in love?'

Neither did Tanya understand how someone would be so excited about spending the rest of their lives with just one person and repeat the same thing from the very beginning till the very end of it and still shout 'for better for worst', but funny enough despite all her disbelieves towards love and happy marriages, she ramains the CEO of Tanya Wedding Plans and Sister,TWPS, a very successful event planning organizations in the world of marriage events.

"Exactly I want everything to be white, if only my queen mother was here and alive, she would have understood me when I said I wanted a white wedding."

Oh no she really isn't planning on blackmailing me with that is she?

"No no my lady I was just wondering if you wanted the shades to be darker or lighter." Tanya tried to argue her way out as things never ended well whenever lady Isabel reminded her of what type of bride she is and how she wanted to fulfill her mother's dream of having a white wedding.

Isabel having no family or friends asides her fiancé, was beginning to lose her mind, as 12 hours into the day, she's still yet to receive a message from Toby.

Tanya noticing the restless state of her client, decided to put the call on hold and ...

"No don't bother, just continue with your work, nothing is wrong, he probably forgot to switch on his phone."

"I didn't even ask her anything." Tanya thought, but still offered a hand out of pure politeness.

"Okay lady Isabel, if you need anything call me."

"I won't be needing you, I'm going to my Toby already."

Tanya couldn't help but scoff at the Isabel's remark and for the first time, she swore openly at a client.

"Maybe he'd want a breakup" she said with an eye roll.

Isabel a bit panicky on hearing Tanya rushed out of the house.

"Never never ever." She kept repeating till her third attempt to put the keys in the ignition.

"Toby will never want a breakup, he's all I've got , I'm all he's got too, I've been obedient, I've never ever skipped my meals, I've been a good person too."

"So yes Toby will never ever want a breakup." Her anxiety was beginning to reach its peak.

"Never." She continued repeating as she swallowed her anti-anxiety pills

No one expects a smooth ride from an anxious person especially not someone as anxious as Isabel.

Isabel, haven never known her dad and losing her mom and best friend to cancer during her teen years, was raised single handedly by her grandmother who she refered to as Queen mother till her demise.

Left in the cold and harsh world with the family's inheritance and after being cheated on by her then boyfriend met Toby, the typical romantic con-artiste, wouldn't take a chance in swindling Isabel of every fortune he knew of, in the name of suffering from leukemia.

Toby being the con-artiste that he was of course did his research on Isabel and knew that the founder of a nonprofit organisation for cancer patients must have a story,with this, he found his way in when she narrated how she lost her mom to intestinal cancer.

"I'm sorry lady, but the boss left for an appointment early this morning." Sir Davids, Toby's butler politely replied Isabel after her twenty minutes of questioning.

He sometimes wondered why such a young and innocent lady would fall in his boss's trap, she deserved better.

"Or was it love?" He would sometimes ask himself.

"But he has no appointment today, we finished all the scan sessions two days ago, to prevent any attacks during the wedding." Isabel lamented as she was on the edge of breaking down.

"He seemed fine yesterday though, what could have gone wrong?"

Did he go by himself?"

Do you think he'll be fine?" And on and on went her questions, leaving the butler in a dilemma.

"Should I tell her that the boss never falls sick? Do I do explain to her that she would be the sixth amongst the others my boss has scammed with romance in this state alone?" But decided against it the moment he heard Isabel's next words.

"He's all I've got and he knows this, a day without him and I'm this shaky, I really want him to be fine." Then he felt it better to keep it to himself.

No amount of words can change the lady's thought on my boss. He offered to drive but got declined as Toby always got jealous whenever she got driven by a man. Reason why she doesn't have a personal chauffeur.

"Thank you Butler Davids I'll see Toby and we will be here before the wedding." She said before driving the car out of the estate.

"You probably will never see him again. Poor girl." He thought before resuming his duty of checking his boss' latest antique collections.

But the noise in her head wouldn't let her take her feet off the break, as memories of the day her mother died came rushing back.

Her mother also didn't pick up her calls, her mom also went for an unscheduled assignment.

The only thing that saved her from a head on collision with a racing truck was the call from Tanya.

"Lady Isabel, you've been out for hours are you okay?" She asked from the other side of the phone giving Isabel enough consciousness to swerve back to her lane.

"You said I could call if I needed help right?" Isabel asked.

"Yes sure lady Isabel, I can be your friend." The friend you never had, Tanya silently added with a scoff.

"Do you need help with the white decorations?" She continued with sarcasm dripping from her voice pretending not to hear the sniffling coming from Isabel's end.

"No, we might have to put that on hold for now. I'm at Laydrop Estate, come with your passport, we're going to the airport." Isabel said before hanging up.