4•'OUR WHITE WEDDING II'

ONE GROOM FOUR BRIDES

   As great as Tanya's reluctance to meet Isabel was, she couldn't help but be reminded of her own relationship with Maxwell Edwards.

   A week to their wedding, he started acting really weird, weird enough to arouse suspicion and questioning from herself and her family. Two days to the wedding ,he was gone without a trace.

   Maxwell was the first best thing that happened to her, and after that, he became the worst thing that had happened to her after she had her first miscarriage and realized she couldn't have a baby anymore.

   In a jolt, she, in an attempt to get out of the sad trance she was in and pick her car keys, slipped and twisted her ankle.

   "Ouch." she cried out silently cursing at the stair case she missed.

   She groaned,"this better be worth it" and continued her leap towards her black sedan.

   Her first two attempts to start the car proved abortive, then she took her anti-anxiety pills as recommended by her therapist.

   "Just pop the pills and you'll be calm. Never overdose." She remembered as Dr Kenneth would playfully end their therapy sessions.

   But the nervousness wouldn't stop, and at that moment,she felt that the day couldn't get any worse than it already was.

   "I don't remember the last time I actually felt this nervous and anxious for something I'm not even clear about." And like her mind was in sync, the memories of her desperate self after Maxwell's disappearance started flashing through her mind.

   "Find my Maxwell. Find him, search the whole world and find him, he is my world my everything, I can't move on without him." The words she has so desperately said floated in her head and she gave a sad chuckle before entering the cab she mindlessly flagged down.

   The pitter-patter sounds of the rain took her into another trance, making her pop another of her anti anxiety pills which she felt wasn't working anymore.

   "Forever is the deal, I'll be here till the end," Maxwell said while tapping above her left breast, "right here in your heart forever I promise."

   Then another sad chuckle which she didn't realize she had been doing since she got into the cab till the driver said,"what an irony."

   "Crying and laughing at the same time, life must have dealt with this one really hard." He continued mumbling, finally giving Tanya something else to think off.

   Her anger towards people who don't mind their business, which got redirected to the unknown caller.

   "Wrong number or just call me back." She practically screamed before looking at the caller's ID but the voice on the other end was loud enough to stop her before she pressed the red button.

   "He's still not picking up , I'm really scared" the urgency in Isabel's voice reminded her of her resolve when she realised Maxwell was never coming back.

   "Never ever will I ever show my weak side to someone other than my reflection in the mirror." Then she wiped her tears.

   "Okay okay, take a deep breath, I'll be with you in a while." She replied Isabel before hanging up and retouching her make up.