ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ -ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴀᴛᴀɴ

They say that when a maiden is in love, they would do everything to be noticed back. And that's totally right. Why? Because I am that maiden. Also, I probably made up that statement too.

" 'Are you okay?' he says and when I looked up, he was the most handsome guy I've ever met!" I squeal like I was one of those Disney Princesses that met their prince charming. I personally had a crush on Prince Naveen and Flynn--but he still was good looking enough.

Janna, my tomboyish bestfriend, didn't seem to get my enthusiasm. which bummed me since I wanted someone to gush together. She sighs, giving me a look. "Haven't you learned your lesson?"

I tilt my head at her innocently--might I add a slow flutter in the eyes. "About what?"

"About liking guys?" she clarifies while raising a brow and attempts to mimic my voice. And when I say attempt, it meant she sucked. "I will never like a boy again! Boys only want small and cute girls and I will remain a virgin--probably a nun or cat lady forever!"

I shush her by my hand, trying to block out her reminders of past me like an imbecile who ignore every red flags of a guy she met on Tinder. Plus, people change. The me months ago is not the me today. "Oh that was just something I don't mean. I mean, what if this time--he's the one? It would be the start of a sweet love story!"

Janna face palms herself, as if taking the hit for the team. She frowns at me like she's had enough with my bullshit. "Whatever, Lana. Just don't come crying to me when your delusions get shattered."

"I'd be saying I told you so," she groggily adds, looking more dreadful today.

I hear a bag drop beside me and I frowned, looking at Janna straight in the eye. Oh I bet you I know who that bag belongs to. Someone whose name starts with an L. Loser. Then I flashed my widest smile, probably scarring not only Janna, but myself included.

"Have you seen the latest episode of Jami--"

"Lana."

I brush off the voice calling my name, as if it was a fly who passed through my ears. "I mean that was so intense wasn't it?! You should see it! I couldn't get over that sce---"

"Lana---"

"Janna," I say without malice, tapping my finger against the wooden desk. "Do you hear something? Perhaps a voice, like a tiny squeak of a mouse?"

Janna shrugs, not even bothering to put up with my act. Well whatever. Wohoo, she'll surely win the bestfriend award this year. "Dunno."

"So anyway, then Nadia founds out that her boyfriend is--hmmpshsp," I was taken aback when a hand proceeds to cover my mouth, muffling my words with his palm.

I look up and see the midget with his eyes piercing back at me. What a surprise.

"Let's talk," he says seriously with that hideous face of his that meant busines. I blankly stare at him as I proceed to sink in my front tooth into his palm, digging onto his flesh. Ew. I will absolutely rinse my mouth with salt and warm water.

He yelps in pain as he loosens his palm around my mouth, releasing me from his clutches. His face contorts into pain as he blows his bitten hand. Ha! Good luck getting rabbies.