Chapter Eight - Play

Chapter Eight -

"Today is finally the day!" Holly uttered in panic whilst she paced back and forth, her beret slightly off centered as a result. "--are the backdrops ready? Where's the costumes?"

I placed a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it gently. "Calm down, Holly. Everything is in control, just breathe."

"Aren't you gonna perform for the program?" she inquired and I scratched my hand, chuckling. "I guess. Kinda forgot about that."

"Yo," he greeted with enthusiasm as he entered the room and dropped his bag beside my seat.

"Did you get your beauty rest, Belle?" I cheekily teased.

He folds his arms, eyebrows crossed in a frown. "After I protected you from that creep, this is how you treat me?"

"What do you mean creep?" I jump when Janna suddenly appears behind our back with a menacing look. "--care to tell me, Liam?"

"It was just a joke, Janna," I try to make her let it go but she's too persistent that she could bite someone's fingers with her teeth.

Evans interjected, darting me a look. "There was a creep lurking when we went home and we just ran for it. This man, here," he points to me.

"--cried so hard and held me tight like a girl."

"I didn't cry that hard!" I argued, my cheeks flushed red by his response. I wasn't that frightened, right?

"See? I told you. How about you just start dating Liam?" Janna uttered, shrugging. "--you won't have to worry about those things if you had a boyfriend to take you home."

"I don't  want a short boyfriend!" I screeched, defensively.

"Who'd want a giant girlfriend anyway!" he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Calm down. Don't you both have to practice for the song number?" Janna grins and clasps her hands together. "--do your best, Comedy Duo."

"You had to remind me of that," Evans sighed in exasperation, rubbing his temple with his thumb. He eyed me. "Call Tom. We're gonna do a last rehearsal."

"Okay," I answer and went out of the room to find Tom Harrison from the other section.

We were chosen to sing for the program because Mr. Hansei was kind enough to let us embarrass ourselves and since it was an original composition, we needed some to play the instruments.

Surprisingly Evans knew how to play the electric guitar, something he likes to do for fun; then we have Tom Harrison for the drums.

Me? I'm just a vocalist.

.  . .

"Are you guys pumped up?!" the hosts screams with all her might as her voice gets drowned with the cheers and yells of the students.

"--today we are going to start the celebration of our foundation day! But first we are going to have some people present and showcase their talents."

"Are you guys ready?" she chimed and everyone screamed, intoxicated with the hype. "--then let's start with a song performance from the Eight Grade, "The Comedy Duo"!"