Chapter Three - Two Heads Are Better Than One

Have you ever been so desperate that you turned to your mortal enemy for assistance? No? Well, call me Ms. Desperate then. I thought it would go horrendously, but it wasn't actually that bad. Evans, who I still despise, seems decent after all.

I actually thought he'd forgotten about the ordeal--which was agreed in a haste, but he hasn't. So I go to school one day to find him waiting for me with a grin on his face. And no, those are not the charming, princely grin, but rather, something a kid with scheming plans would.

   “So here’s our plan,” Evans says quite proudly, intertwining both of his hands like a mastermind as he glanced at me with a sly smirk.

   “I got to talk with Clyde and he said that he loves watching musicals. Good news, there’s a musical called “Feathers” to be scheduled this Saturday," he flicks his thumb and middle finger.

     Clyde was from the other class--which was unfortunate since I'd rather be with him than this shrimp. He's basically my prince charming who saved a damsel in distress. Well, call it overdramatic, but he did make me happy. He also didn't laugh at my snot filled face the other time.

   I grinned at him. “Oh! You’re such an angel sent from heaven!”

     It seems that praising him filled his head with ideas--egotistical ideas, for he flicks his hair to the side and smirked as if he got the into the front cover of Vogue --which is cringe to see, but hey, anyone can dream.

    “Keep praising me.”

    Maybe I shouldn’t have said that, now he'll even be twice more insufferable and he might not let this die down--which is infuriating to say at best.

   Then he (finally) snaps out from his delusion and says, “But you need to buy a ticket for it and I heard it was crazy expensive."

      I think I know now why it's free to dream, but hard to achieve. Ugh! Will having my happy ending with Clyde be nothing but a fantasy?

   “But I’m broke,” I say in tears, already imagining my wallet filled with flies and my piggy bank hollow. If only I didn't go online shopping and bought some useless items--which were cute but meh, I would've had enough.

      Probably even more to treat myself to some ice cream afterwards when the date goes well.

   "What should I do, Evans?” I anxiously asked, almost close to bitting my nails, but he'd probably groan at disgust at the sight.

  He shrugs, nonchalantly.  “It’s not my problem. Whatd’ya think? I’m gonna provide you the ticket? Life’s not fair, Milicent.”

  I pursed my lips at him and widened my eyes for exaggeration. I take my word back. He's still annoying, and rude. “And I thought you were my guardian angel, midget.”

  “What did you say?” he raises his brow with scrutiny and I huff, provoking him like the bratty child I am.

“Midget. Get it? You’re a midget, and you will never grow an inch!”

   “You gorilla woman!” he insults back and I was about to throw a smack when I got an idea.

   “Can’t you just lend me money?”